Ergonomic lightsaber

Fun fact: Lee is indeed a direct descendent of Charlemagne and it was said that the hilt of his sword was curved.
Geneticists have estimated that pretty much every European is a descendant of Charlemange by now but there are not many families that have antique documents that can show that lineage.

And this is the hilt, in the Imperial Treasury, Hofburg, Vienna (2015). Sorry about the low quality: (cheap camera, shooting through glass in low light).
saber_hilt.jpg

It was in a room together with a few other Habsburg treasures, including the Spear of Destiny.

rahm kota's saber is very katana inspired with the leather wrap. looks like it would be more comfortable and ergonomic. barring the big button stuck out.

Attachments

• Ro-lightsaber Rahm Kota1.jpg
    Ro-lightsaber Rahm Kota1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 55
heres my Hilt, cant remember where i bought it from but wrapped it myself with leather lace... the pommel is missing and electronics failed so i havent got it working again yet but it has a neopixel blade and proffie core from padawan outpost.

Attachments

• IMG_20230427_111205.jpg
    IMG_20230427_111205.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 49
Finally! Someone besides me who loved that movie! :D
Most people I mention it to never saw it. :(
I loved the first two as a kid and watched them several times on TV and VHS in the '80s, but did not know until today that there was a third movie with the same cast in 1989 until I looked up and watched it just now.

The third movie is set twenty years from the first movies, as in the book, but the cast has aged only fifteen years. It is more common to do it the other way around these days it seems ...
Kim Catrall plays the daughter of Rochefort (Lee) and Milady, and does more fencing than Lee, actually.

Last edited:
I loved the first two as a kid and watched them several times on TV and VHS in the '80s, but did not know until today that there was a third movie with the same cast in 1989 until I looked up and watched it just now.

The third movie is set twenty years from the first movies, as in the book, but the cast has aged only fifteen years. It is more common to do it the other way around these days it seems ...
Kim Catrall plays the daughter of Rochefort (Lee) and Milady, and does more fencing than Lee, actually.
It had a troubled shoot especially after Rory Kinnears father died after falling off a horse..

I've also read all the books by Dumas. I got to enjoy the older translations while attending PSU main campus, I liked the older ones more than the more modern versions. :)
For those who might not have known, in the scene where Porthos gets in the duel with the drunk (who then draws two swords!), that man was actually the Sword Master and fight choreographer for the movies!
"He looked sober enough when he came on-guard." -Athos

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back