Eragon Props

Fairytales

Just wondering if there is a wide interest in Eragon. I am a complete fan of HP and now Eragon and can't wait for the movie. I like to come up with new costumes and accessories to go with them and wondered if any of you think that there is potential in Eragon. I have currently designed the scar/dragon rider mark for the palm of the hand and plan on doing them in Latex so they can be adhered using spirit gum. The mold came out great and thought I would do the same with HP's scar. Sound Good? Or is there a better way to do this for the latex allergies?

Any thoughts would be great.

I've not read the books, but as soon as I saw the costumes, I knew I had to make them. (I will be posting in your other Eragon thread :p)

I'm really interested in Arya's costumes, especially her black leather battle outfit. It would be pretty cool to make the weapons she uses (the sword and the curved blade).

I can't wait to see the movie. I'm hoping other images come out soon. :D

I'm a HUGE sword and armor fanatic, so I'll be looking for sword prop related stuff in this thread. I've seen little of the swords from the film, but from what I've seen they look pretty good (although I was disapointed that Zar'roc's design is wrong compared to the book's description). Keep this thread updated.

Seth

dang, I just tossed a sword-stuff catalog that had a lot of Eragon stuff in it... um... drat. Can't find it. I reckon they'll be online.. somewhere?

I didn't read the books but I am sculpting the sword pomel that Malkovich has in the teaser poster for a comsioned work.
Pics coming soon.
Regards.

Im sure that movie is going to have some great props etc.
If you have not read the books and your into this stuff you really should as they are amazing. Book 3 is being written as I type as well.

Been working on the Zar'roc pommel myself. I have seen the ones for pre sale but they won't be ready in time for the premeire.

Glad to see there is interest. I am almost finished with the Eragon, Murtaugh, and Brom's costumes. Working on Zar'roc the scar came out great in latex. Now onto painting it. Will post pictures when ready.

Yes, I will read the books.
I got into this movie because I always love dragons and the Galbatorix sword looks great.
Ramiel: Thank you for the link. are those licensed replicas? Who is the manufacturer?
Regards.

I'm definately hoping to get the books now. I just fell in love with Arya's armour the moment I first saw it. She has some pretty awesome weapons too. I'd love to do the black battle armour, with those curved blades. Her sword and knife are really pretty, pity they're not selling the blades though.

<div class='quotetop'>(Ramiel @ Nov 17 2006, 12:26 AM) [snapback]1359574[/snapback]</div>

Hmm... slightly dissapointed with Arya's and Durza's swords. They just HAD to make them so dang tiny. I could've sworn Durza, being a really powerful major bad-guy and the antagonist of the final battle in the book, would've had a really big sword. I do like the hilt though, of the film prop that is, the replica doesn't look spot-on for some reason. Arya's sword is interesting with the downward sloping blade, but the bone hilt makes it look like a bad-guy's weapon. Zar'roc looks nice although they changed the design from the book (Black leather grip and saphire pommel while the book sword had a silver wire-wrap grip and a ruby pommel). I don't get why the LE is smaller than the regular version though.

Thanks for the link.

Seth

http://www.eragonswords.com/

zarroc_d1_1.jpg

I read Eragon when it was first released, and I always hoped that a movie version would be brought to life. I can't wait to see it. I think the props are going to be great, and the swords look awesome.

Not a lot of info yet on the sword site - but they look nice. I'll definitely be tempted. Anyone heard any info on pricing?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JunkSabers1138 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1361488[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ramiel @ Nov 17 2006, 12:26 AM) [snapback]1359574[/snapback]

Hmm... slightly dissapointed with Arya's and Durza's swords. They just HAD to make them so dang tiny. I could've sworn Durza, being a really powerful major bad-guy and the antagonist of the final battle in the book, would've had a really big sword. I do like the hilt though, of the film prop that is, the replica doesn't look spot-on for some reason. Arya's sword is interesting with the downward sloping blade, but the bone hilt makes it look like a bad-guy's weapon. Zar'roc looks nice although they changed the design from the book (Black leather grip and saphire pommel while the book sword had a silver wire-wrap grip and a ruby pommel). I don't get why the LE is smaller than the regular version though.

Thanks for the link.

Seth
[/b][/quote]
I wish that they would have stuck to the book with Zar'rocs hilt design.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back