Episode V Snowtrooper

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by deserthunter, Jun 24, 2015.

1. deserthunter

deserthunter Well-Known Member

A little something that I have been working on. RSpropmasters kit with real Sterling E-11. Working on the helmet interior right now. Hope to start weathering this week 20150624_204911.jpg

20150624_204954.jpg

Don't know why it keeps rotating my pictures but critique is greatly appreciated

grenater, jkno, matty matt and 2 others like this.
  2. Prefect42

Prefect42 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking good! Congratulations. I don't know the suits too well but it sure looks the part to me. And I see it's from RS Props so I'm sure it's "right off the set".

Are you going to leave it pristine or weather it slightly? To my eye, the boots have a bit of wear and it contrasts the shiny, white armor parts. Curios to hear your plans.

Ted.

3. newmagrathea

newmagrathea Sr Member

Looks good. I would go light on the weathering since it's snow armor and they look pretty clean in the movie.

I noticed that when I took photos with my iPhone I had the same rotation issues. I have photoshop, so would open the images and do an arbitrary rotation of 0 degrees and resave. Something about this site doesn't read the metadata correctly, this is the only site I have this issue on.

4. deserthunter

I am going to dirty it up. Also I was told to drop the shoulder bells a little bit. Still working on the interior padding, fans, and probably a radio. Then onto Episode VII snowtrooper.

5. tubachris85x

tubachris85x Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They were actually quite dirty

6. Metallijosh

Metallijosh Active Member

What does it look like under the cloth on the mask?

7. deserthunter

Custom pads made from a yoga mat and gym shorts. Have radio and fans on order. Deciding if I should paint the inside black.

20150630_200720.jpg

8. bradyapba

bradyapba New Member

Is that a Dan Laws? Where did you get the soft parts? Ie duster etc? I was thinking of getting one. Im noob to all this. Was curious on where to get the soft parts and weathering.

9. deserthunter

It is a RSpropmasters kit. The soft parts are all sewed by me. Free handed the painiting.