Episode II models: has anyone ever made any?

The thing is they actually made a SS AT-TE model for EP2 for some of the blowing up scences, if I remember correctly it was a good sized model.

Lynn

There was a concept model produced for scale and animatics, but that was all. Because of the orientation of the legs, it had to be completely supported underneath the body and nothing was produced for effects. Kim's paint job was scanned and then reproduced at res for the digital models.

A practical model or scratchbuild would have to lock the legs and really weight them to maintain balance even in a most neutral or static pose.

Sucks, huh?

There was one made for pyro use as there were pics of it here floating around showing as such. It was a good sized model and not supported in such way you described.

Lynn

I remember seeing the photo as well Lynn. Just trying to find it though. Toughie. It was quite huge as I recall as well. Definitely a good sized model.

I will post when I get a chance! Those pics are what im useing for reference.
Im making this as accurate as I can without doing a lot of hacking and chopping, but there is some.
Most of the panel lines are correct, but they made a few areas larger for the 3 3/4 figures, so a few mods are being done AND there are a few kit donors on it as well, notebly is the Morser Karl and Leopold kit parts on it.

I will post when I get a chance! Those pics are what im useing for reference.
Im making this as accurate as I can without doing a lot of hacking and chopping, but there is some.
Most of the panel lines are correct, but they made a few areas larger for the 3 3/4 figures, so a few mods are being done AND there are a few kit donors on it as well, notebly is the Morser Karl and Leopold kit parts on it.

Wow! Now I am even more excited, I have one I am planning to give this treatment, it sounds like you are really going all out. :thumbsup

a Model of the AT TE was made and its Freaking HUGE. I took a bunch of pictures of it while it was at the Franklin Institute in PHilly a couple of years ago. IN one of the pics you can see the full sized landspeeder through the glass case... about 8=10 feet away to give you a sens of how large this model is... I've posted more up on the photobucket site if you guys want to see it... Pictures by Jedi_Dade - Photobucket

P1010123.jpg

Nah, these were maquets, and were scanned and then digitally used for the movies, episode 1 did use physical models but ep2 and 3 just about everything was digital.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back