EPIII Jedi belt help

corpseguy

I want to make an Anakin and Obi costume from EPIII. I'm pretty handy at sewing but I need a hand with the accessories. Someone here did great Anakin Glove buckle replicas and I hope to get a set if still possible.
What I still need are the following:
Anakin-Little rivets on the belt and the snap buckle. Are they both found objects?
Obi Wan- Same thing, little rivets and the working buckle. The rivets look like the same as Anakins but the buckle is different. Are all these accessories existing found parts or is any of this stuff custom made for the film?

Really could use some help with this.
Thanks in advance.

Yes they are all found objects.
The rivets are not unusual, can be found in shops that specialize in leather crafts.
Obi-Wan's buckle was from a shoe, long since discontinued. Replicas exist, but I don't know who makes them.
Anakin's buckle should still be available. Lgtsbr used to sell them, maybe he has some left.

I have some extra Anakin buckles, PM me if you need one.

One thing with the rivits is to make sure to get the ones with the straight neck and not the big sam brownes ;)

I thought Obi-Wans was a purse buckle? Since the tabs actually depress and one side of the hinge come out...

Btw. Is it still possible to get some of that authentic Jedi tunic fabric, Primrodo?
(I thought corpseguy might be interested in that too ;) )

Depends on how you mean authentic...I got some really nice bubbled cotton that looked really good from taiwan, not exact but closer than bubble gauze ;)

I can see about getting more...I am just down to my last 7 yards and someone is spoken for it...should know by tomorrow though...

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Lars @ May 25 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1250709[/snapback]</div>
Yes they are all found objects.
The rivets are not unusual, can be found in shops that specialize in leather crafts.
Obi-Wan's buckle was from a shoe, long since discontinued. Replicas exist, but I don't know who makes them.
Anakin's buckle should still be available. Lgtsbr used to sell them, maybe he has some left.
[/b]

Good to know. Thank you. :)
Any idea where the buckles can be purchased?
Serial numbers or anything to that effect? I really want to finish up my suit entirely from authentic found parts, off the shelf and customized all on my own.
Also thanks for the fabric offer but I'm already covered there.

last time I share info in confidence with someone..... :unsure

corpseguy - send me a PM and I will look when I get home tonight - I think I have a few buckles left and I know I have rivets left

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>(lgtsbr @ May 26 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1251266[/snapback]</div>
last time I share info in confidence with someone..... :unsure
[/b]

Dave you never told me the rivet numbers...

My buddy Todd and I got that from trial and error and buying up all Ohio Travel bag had to offer to compare, Todd had ordered from them before but got a size too big, before Celebration 3 where I met him and he saw yours and wanted to get a closer size.

corpseguy,
Sorry for be late, probably nobody is going to read this but I found the rivets in Argentina. They are called "gemelos", the came in nickel, brass, etc. This is a picture of them. I did all my Anakin Jedi Utility Belts with them.
By the way, I also wrote a tutorial about the belt construction if you need one. Sorry I did it on Spanish :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back