EPIII Clone Pilot helmet project (update Pg. 8)

Wow!!!

HOLY SH#@^*^%$TTTT!!!!

This is FANTASTIC!!! (y)love:thumbsup

6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: EPIII Clone Pilot helmet project (update Pg. 4)

Absolutely fantastic.
I hadn´t even remotely considered buying any Clone helmet at all, and the pilot helmet was one of the least interesting because of the "crappy" representation in the visual guide (you know, that low detail rendering of the pilot, since they never intended to show more than the faces), but NOW ...

Michael

Got new pics of the back all finished up, and the visor as well. This helmet is pretty much done at this point. All thats left is to go over it with a fine tooth comb and and clean up any imperfections. Anyways, here it is.

Back plate installed and ready for primer.....

a.jpg

All primered up!

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

Here is the visor installed. After it was test fitted, i pulled it out and made it into a vacuum buck so that i can make the amber lens.

e.jpg

f.jpg

Here is the buck.

g.jpg

Hopefully the next pics will be of me pulling a nice clean copy from the mold. Lets see what happens.

this thing is amazingly ridiculous - especially considering what you started with. I'm jealous!

Re: EPIII Clone Pilot helmet project (update Pg. 5)

Words escape me at the moment. This is about as perfect as you can get without having this done by computer.. just amazing. I seriously would love to have one of these for my collection if this ever happens to be offered up. Now I'm wondering what other projects you got goin on.

Holy Crap! I cant believe it!
ILM should scrap some of the CG and hire you to make actual props.....no Computer image can replace good craftsmanship!

Amazing EVO.

-Cree

MAD SKILLS MAN...MAD SKILLS

Absolutly amazing work. I cant wait to see this painted up.

To-ta-ly in-sane. Insaneinsaneinsane. I wish I could make a copy of myself that would only work on props for me. And even then I am pretty sure that I can´t come up with something as cool as that helmet !!!

MIchael

Snowflake was right, you ARE god.

I'd have some questions though :D
You have engraved many things on the surface of your helmet. Like the triangle thingies...(i think)...and those lines near the middle sections (the ones you have in the pictures where you put something that looks like red bondo right next to them?) I'm wondering...how did you do that...so precisely?

Don't know if it's a secret, but if it's not, please share :D
Thanks man and again, congrats! Your work is godlike.

Not a big fan of the PT stuff, but I think you've done an outstanding job with that helmet! It looks extremely professional!

Now, I've got a question - I was wondering what something like this would cost to commission a piece with a design that I've created? I'm just thinking at the moment because i'm interested in making a short with "armor" that isn't a fan film and have been coming up with designs. I'm a pretty descent artist and sculptor, but not great at the fine details and the casting process. If someone could let me know a ballpark figure, i would appreciate it. thanks.

I've loved every second of this thread and seeing your progress! I was thinking about it today and decided to check back to see if you had posted pictures of this piece finished and painted up, or to see if you have started the molding process. Your work is truly amazing and inspiring!

I've loved every second of this thread and seeing your progress! I was thinking about it today and decided to check back to see if you had posted pictures of this piece finished and painted up, or to see if you have started the molding process. Your work is truly amazing and inspiring!

Thanks KaraZor-El for bumping this thread up--I love it, outstanding professional work!!(y)thumbsup

So yeah, what's up with your next steps?

That is awesome! Any plans of that falling into a vat of RTV by chance? Would be a shame if it didn't.

BUMP ! Any progress on this ? I just saw the clone pilot figure in a thread in the ss modeling section and reminded me of this project.

Michael

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back