EPIII Clone Pilot helmet project (update Pg. 8)

EVO3

A few years back i started work on an EPIII clone pilot helmet. It eventually took a back seat to the Commander Bacara helmet project. When Bacara was finished i took a break from making helmets. Recently though, i dusted off the Clone pilot helmet and started work on it again. Its not yet done but i thought id post pics from beginning to where it is now. Its kinda funny because it looks like a cluster **** at the beginning but then it eventually starts taking shape. I prefer to make all my props from styrene and bondo. It is a messy dusty process but i just dont work very well with clay. Anyways, here is the start of the project. It may take up a few posts.........

Picture2438.jpg

Picture2439.jpg

Picture2440.jpg

Picture2446.jpg

Picture2447.jpg

Picture2448.jpg

Picture2449.jpg

Picture2453.jpg

Picture2454.jpg

Picture2455.jpg

To be continued..........

Last edited:
Re: EPIII Clone Pilot helmet project

This is where it restarted.....

pilot3.jpg

LogoTemplate-BonusLogo_07.jpg

pilot2.jpg

pilot4.jpg

pilot5.jpg

pilot6.jpg

pilot7.jpg

Now some side by side pics with a TIE helmet for size comparison.........

pilot8.jpg

pilot9.jpg

pilot10.jpg

Picture4990.jpg

And here we have the clones!

Picture4991.jpg

And after hours of getting high on Bondo and spot putty, here are the fruits of my labor. You'll notice the mohawk has been fixed and it is now indented.

pilot11.jpg

pilot15.jpg

pilot12.jpg

pilot13.jpg

A view from the top shows how the raised lips on the mohawk go back to blend into the helmet.

pilot14.jpg

pilot16.jpg

pilot17.jpg

pilot18.jpg

pilot19.jpg

Last edited:

Added the triangle thingies on each side of the helmet........

pilot21.jpg

pilot23.jpg

pilot24.jpg

pilot25.jpg

pilot26.jpg

P1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p6.jpg

p5.jpg

p4.jpg

This is the last work i have done to it. Its pretty much coming to completion. Something my wife is very happy to hear. She just doesnt realize i'll be making the armor to go with this as well!!:love

Last edited:

Wow, what a fantastic scratch build! How on earth do you get it so symmetrical by hand???

Really great work!

Rick

Wow to see the obvious time and care you've put into that build is really inspiring, excellent work!! :thumbsup

That's some craftsmanship right there! :eek Simply astounding work and attention to detail.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back