Epic Leafman Costume (Leaf WOMAN actually!)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

georgekaplin

Epic Leafman Costume (Leaf WOMAN actually!) for my 6 year old daughter, Mirabelle.

IMG_3043.JPG

I'm sorry I don't take many in-build photos. I was working on two other costumes as well, and this one came together at the last minute!

Basic procedure was to draw all the artwork in Photoshop/Illustrator then print out on vinyl at work. I work at an exhibit company so I can get wide format, color prints on white vinyl. Each shape was made out of GREEN sintra (PVC Board). I cut out with a bandsaw and used a heat gun to bend to shape AFTER the vinyl was applied. The vinyl bent with the shapes to make the Shield, Chest and Shoulder Plates, Gauntlets etc.

IMG_2591.JPG

The skirt was also drawn in Illustrator then printed on Fabric using SPOONFLOWER.com. I then sewed the the parts together and attached to a belt. Next time Ill make a pattern first as it didnt fit great.... But no one noticed.

Everything was either Velcroed in place or attached using leather straps.

20141025-P1050650_1-2.JPG

Halloween2014 006.JPG

Halloween2014 045.JPG

556820446.jpg

Mirabelle was the hit of the first graders!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Psicorp7

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Epic build! Love the use of adhesive vinyl!! I bet she was super happy!!!

I miss working at an exhibit/design company for all the access to cool toys!