Ep. 9 Graflex top finish

Aidan Coleman

I’m working on an Ep. 9 Graflex replica. I bought the clamp an bottom half from KR Sabers and the top half from The Graflex Shop. But the Graflex Shop half is a different finish from the KR bottom. Does anyone know how to make the top half’s finish match the bottom’s finish?

Here are some images.
IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

There's no way to change the color of the plating other than to get it re-plated, at which point you might as well just buy a different top.

Graflexes for TROS were supplied by Roman's Props. From my experience with TGS parts, their plating is too yellow/brassy, which looks like your problem. Roman's is a much better match for the real thing and I would guess would match the KR bottom better too.

Last edited:
There's no way to change the color of the plating other than to get it re-plated, at which point you might as well just buy a different top.

Graflexes for TROS were supplied by Roman's Props. From my experience with TGS parts, their playing is too yellow/brassy, which looks like your problem. Roman's is a much better match for the real thing and I would guess would match the KR bottom better too.
I know KR sabers is selling Graflex flashes, which is where I got the TROS kit from. As Roman Props flashes, they are out of stock as of this post.

I’d wish I’d known that before spending the money to do so. So now the question is: What to do with the TGS top? It’s already been painted and a dremel has been taken to it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back