Ep. 9 Graflex top finish

Aidan Coleman

I’m working on an Ep. 9 Graflex replica. I bought the clamp an bottom half from KR Sabers and the top half from The Graflex Shop. But the Graflex Shop half is a different finish from the KR bottom. Does anyone know how to make the top half’s finish match the bottom’s finish?

Aidan Coleman

Here are some images.
IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

AnubisGuard

Master Member
There's no way to change the color of the plating other than to get it re-plated, at which point you might as well just buy a different top.

Graflexes for TROS were supplied by Roman's Props. From my experience with TGS parts, their plating is too yellow/brassy, which looks like your problem. Roman's is a much better match for the real thing and I would guess would match the KR bottom better too.

Last edited:

Aidan Coleman

There's no way to change the color of the plating other than to get it re-plated, at which point you might as well just buy a different top.

Graflexes for TROS were supplied by Roman's Props. From my experience with TGS parts, their playing is too yellow/brassy, which looks like your problem. Roman's is a much better match for the real thing and I would guess would match the KR bottom better too.
I know KR sabers is selling Graflex flashes, which is where I got the TROS kit from. As Roman Props flashes, they are out of stock as of this post.

Aidan Coleman

I’d wish I’d known that before spending the money to do so. So now the question is: What to do with the TGS top? It’s already been painted and a dremel has been taken to it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.