enterprise TOS lighted new PIX

mr.predicta

Ok here ya go .for all you computer guys that dont get enough headaches here are my enterprise model 3-D pictures. :confused
for thoes of you unfamiliar with stereo photography heres how to do it.Stare at the two photos untill the dots at the bottom of the pix merge into one . this effect is the result of two images slightly off set and posted next each other the result is it tricks your brain into thinking its a 3-d picture which is true it looks like a hole in the screen. :eek
come on try it out.
the best way to view is with a special set of glasses that came with a book I bought years ago called 3-D hollywood . these are scaled down versions of my 22" cutaway lighted model, so you could get the Idea.
let me know what you think.
MSL

The total width should not be larger that 4.25 inches.
any larger and your eyes would not be able to focus and blend the two images. if they are smaller than that you need to bump up your screen size.
and if you wear glasses and near sighted as I am you need to take the glasses off. :lol

I like 'em. If you've got larger versions you could link to, that would be cool, too.

The way I view this effect is just slowly crossing my eyes till the images lock in together.

Steve

Bigger is definitely better. I do this all the time with projects and find that 8.5 X 11 prints work really well. The trick with models is to exaggerate the separation between the exposures-- it forces the eye to correct for parallax such that the perspective is enhanced.

Scott

There may be some confusion on how to view these pictures. Yes you need to stare at the dots, but you also have to “cross your eyes” at the same time.....some people don’t know that. Just trying to help. :D

Looks great.

I am well practiced in viewing 3D pairs so comes naturally to me.

I wish more folks would take stereo pair pics.

Looks great.

Thanks.
I had a great time figuring this out.its a lot like the old viewmaster reels.which ,come to think of it would be cool to do...hmmmm :rolleyes
I find that I have trouble focusing on the larger pictures without the special glasses.
I have much larger photos and could send them to you guys if you PM your email address.

neat effect.

Respectfully, I think there might be too much distance between the points of view. If the Enterprise were real, my eyes would have to be about 50ft apart to result in some of those perspectives. ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back