Enter the Underworld! - Selene & Sonja

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
Just wanted to show off the newest additions to my collection.
I've been wanting to do a Selene costume display for a very long time and am really pleased to have her along side my other mannequins - the display consists of screen used catsuit and corset and a few replicas to complete the look, I'm now on the look out for a set of original gauntlets (any help locating these would be greatly appreciated) but I'm thrilled with how this display is coming together!

Selene2.jpg

Selene1.jpg

I also picked up Sonja's hero pendant from Underworld: Rise of the Lycans!
Which I'm planning to get a nice framed display made up for to show it to it's full potential, but there's just too many shots of it in the film to pick the best ones!

Necklace2.jpg

Sonja1-1.jpg

I just need to try and get a full Lycan together now!

Last edited:
Re: Enter the Underworld!

Thank you, I've very pleased with it so far, I'm working on a themed base for her and trying to track down some of the missing parts.

Just for fun here's a shot of her with the other displays:

Selenegroupshot.jpg

Thanks guys! I've had a few PM's asking me about casts of Sonja's necklace. Although I'm not against the idea, I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable about it, so I could do with some info on how to mold it and not damage the finish, paint-job or weathering in any way.
Just a quick shot for those interested, here's the Hero necklace next to the popular eBay replica:
NecklaceComparison.jpg

you should speak to Ricahrd Martin about helping you out with these, he works proffesionally doing this kind of stuff

he would also be able to hook you up very nicely with some custom made heads for all those mannequins :) would be awsome if you had the likeness of them their too as well as the actual costume from the film , I don't think it would get much better

@Guardian very nice collection. I have the costume as well. I have a question for you. I'm about to retire the costume soon and am getting some mannequins for some of my costumes and was wondering how you got them to stand without a base?
I saw someone on here that had a bad ass stand and was thinking of getting something similar.

Thanks guys, I can't express how happy I am with this costume and the display - I've fixed a few issues with it and am now starting on a Leeloo display :love

@Guardian very nice collection. I have the costume as well. I have a question for you. I'm about to retire the costume soon and am getting some mannequins for some of my costumes and was wondering how you got them to stand without a base?
I saw someone on here that had a bad ass stand and was thinking of getting something similar.

I was actually admiring pictures of your costume just a few moments ago, one of the most accurate replicas I've seen. Very well made :thumbsup if you would like some close ups of the original for a few of the details, let me know

There's no real trick to how I get them to stand un-aided really, I use Eco-friendly mannequins, so they're recyclable materials and extremely light weight, so the heaviest part of the costume (generally the boots) holds them nicely in place! - though it doesn't work so well for costumes with helmets I'm afraid!

Thanks guys, I can't express how happy I am with this costume and the display - I've fixed a few issues with it and am now starting on a Leeloo display :love

I was actually admiring pictures of your costume just a few moments ago, one of the most accurate replicas I've seen. Very well made :thumbsup if you would like some close ups of the original for a few of the details, let me know

There's no real trick to how I get them to stand un-aided really, I use Eco-friendly mannequins, so they're recyclable materials and extremely light weight, so the heaviest part of the costume (generally the boots) holds them nicely in place! - though it doesn't work so well for costumes with helmets I'm afraid!

The costume is actually screen accurate we got the costume details from the original costume designer of the film a few years ago :) My coat is actually more accurate then some of the stunt doubles hehee.
I was thinking of getting a base stand that looks like stone like another prop maker made on here, looks so cool :)

It's cool you collect so many cool costumes, I live here in LA and my friends work with screen worn suits all the time for clients seen 5 or 6 of the screen used Hero costumes worn by Kate and her double Nicole Randall, I am going to get hopefully the throwing star soon. I'm doing the costume at WonderCon and after that it's going to be retired hence really wanting a great mannequin. Your collection rocks!

Thank you very much! There's more on the way, it's getting out of control :lol
Take a close look at the catsuit in the film (or on the posters etc) and and you'll notice some of the details I mean (visible/hidden zipper, collar missing clips/buckles, corset side 'bones' etc), but as I said if you'd like some close up pics or info on those details or any others let me know, unless of course you've updated it with the screen accurate one since then, in which case I'd love to see some updated pics :thumbsup
Darth Mule here on the board made an unbelievable replica for his girlfriend, that will show up with a quick search, like yours it's very worthy of a nice display - makes me feel bad that I put no effort in to the construction of this one! :lol

The the embroidery on the coat looks very nice. The coats made for production had various different details, so different versions were used, not making any of them more or less accurate as they were all in the film! Not sure if it was meant to be a variety of different coats she had or just continuity, but a quick look at the originals on yourprops or Sci-fi Hero forum research in to the costume shows clearly the various different styles of the coats used in the film (some had embroidery across the top of shoulders, some didn't, some had it on the sleeve cuffs, others were plain - some were black, others brown, some clean some very heavily aged etc)

Either way, great looking costume. Give Tom an email, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you with all your needs for a display base, it's what he does!

Last edited:
Well like I said mine is screen accurate other then the boots cuz they were just to hard to make. She uses three different coats including poster to film stills, she switches her boots out three times and even in the current one they are different as well. We have all the corset details and coat correctly we've had them side by side :) The collar is the only thing off and I always forgot to tighten it in pictures later we'll fix that, but other then that it's fine. Anyhoo don't want to be a pain and argue back and forth as I am new here, Thanks for the information. I appreciate your comments.

We just got the details for the New coat she's wearing in Awakenings and I'll have that in a few weeks. Or at least in time for Wondercon.

I will send Tom a email, I'm moving back to Boston in June so I may wait, so I don't have to move additional stuff.

What else is on your list of future buys?

Thank you very much! There's more on the way, it's getting out of control :lol
Take a close look at the catsuit in the film (or on the posters etc) and and you'll notice some of the details I mean (visible/hidden zipper, collar missing clips/buckles, corset side 'bones' etc), but as I said if you'd like some close up pics or info on those details or any others let me know, unless of course you've updated it with the screen accurate one since then, in which case I'd love to see some updated pics :thumbsup
Darth Mule here on the board made an unbelievable replica for his girlfriend, that will show up with a quick search, like yours it's very worthy of a nice display - makes me feel bad that I put no effort in

I didn't realise anybody was arguing :confused

Wow Nick! This is great... congrats on the costume. I love your set up and your amazing collection of on-screen goodies.

Thanks Ken :thumbsup
Looking forward to seeing how your upcoming projects progress, let me know if I can help at all :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back