Enik the Altrusian Costume Replica

Kudalambda

So as a kid, I watched the reruns of the original Land of the Lost. I have to say that of all character's Enik was the most appealing to me. As a kid, I knew a lot of folks that collected props and costumes (back before the "collectors" were in the picture) and I always said that Enik was one costume I would always want. Now fast forward a few years. I was watching Hollywood Treasures with a friend. Enik turns up and my friend says, why don't you build a costume. So I did some research, and put together a plan. After a lot of hard work (many of you might laugh) I finished. I'm pretty proud of the final piece (it could be better, but was my first creature attempt) and from what I can tell, the first attempt to create a costume that is close to original. I've seen several cloth based costumes and repaints of the movie sleestak costumes. Anyhow. I've lurked on this site for a decade and guess I should post something. Thanks to everyone that has inspired me over the years hear.

I built the costume as close as possible to the original - at least based on an interview I read with Michael Westmore. It is a wet-suit that is covered with individually cut scales (I tried to trace screen images when I could)

I have a lot of build photos but won't bore folks with those unless there is an interest.

Attachments

• 1003302_213956005425072_1055963785_n copy.jpg
    1003302_213956005425072_1055963785_n copy.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG1606.jpg
    IMAG1606.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 232
  • IMAG1613.jpg
    IMAG1613.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 334
  • IMAG1619.jpg
    IMAG1619.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 821
  • IMAG1620.jpg
    IMAG1620.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Wow! If that's your first creature costume I hope you make more and post them. Excellent work!:thumbsup
Also, thanks for coming out of the shadows and posting this. Beautiful job!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back