Enfys Nest 1:6 Figure - Budget Mod

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, so one character I really liked the look of in Solo was Enfys Nest

p24u1RT.jpg

I especially love the helmet

bXhAt8V.jpg

Was at Toys r us (Canada) the other day and spotted the Hasbro 1:6 figure on sale for $10 and figured why not take a punt at modding it

forhvMG.jpg

Looking the figure it actually has pretty good detail in the mold

5NmAgld.jpg

So first of all lets change that flat pose. As Sideshow and Hot Toys collectors know, its all about the pose. I quite liked the image on the box of her fist up (shows off the gauntlet armour) so I'll add that into the mix.

fi85TN4.jpg

xdKBIW1.jpg

iFxZjne.jpg

nQ16CVy.jpg

Legs also had to be cut and repositioned

FQZt17S.jpg

sJrAuIF.jpg

TP0ypxn.jpg

The spear is too short out of the box, so we'll extend that

tWsA4KR.jpg

rXE3bt2.jpg

na3KkAJ.jpg

Yj7zJtQ.jpg

zYo716M.jpg

For her hair I cut up a fluffy soft-toy dog, much to my daughters disgust. No, it wasn't hers. Lol

BxBEPih.jpg

Fur would be from a $3 pillow

qPbrT3h.jpg

TBC...

The helmet mold is great, except for the front spikes, so replacing those

qrzuMo9.jpg

uql3Fgp.jpg

Added paint details

SAV6eSJ.jpg

ELcg2Wq.jpg

Time to weather

vnwna6M.jpg

sJwNBNw.jpg

Replaced the plastic front cloth sections with actual cloth folded over cardboard so they can be bent to simulate movement of the cloth

GgqL8QA.jpg

TTocknR.jpg

YpzlIfj.jpg

The belt mold is ok, just needs some love

YVnbg4p.jpg

5UyLaSu.jpg

eDYwRqL.jpg

Accessories are getting there

gBb3D1q.jpg

The fins on the gauntlets are a dull silver out of the box, these need to be white with green and red detail.

voLfphK.jpg

I first painted them silver so that once finished I could scratch through the white to reveal the silver underneath

8oo7E7R.jpg

The body gets a matt black base coat

xUK5gxP.jpg

Then colour

tQNJcwh.jpg

Weathering brings it to life

iwnfuFs.jpg

Fur and hair attached

ohAqJ4Q.jpg

qspWCZd.jpg

TBC...

Last edited:
Fantastic work! A lighter background would have made the figure pop out a bit more, I think, the hreat work on the coat does get a bit lost.

Wow, that is awesome, so inspiring! Amazing what you can do with a decent sculpt and some good painting skills. What sort of putty did u use on the re-sculpted joints?

Fantastic work. I did the same thing with a Boba Fett figure.

Love the side by side comparison with the original.

Excellent work. The result needs no explanation as it is extremely obvious, which is gratifying. My only suggestion would be to increase the weathering on the fabric sections. When compared to the real life images, the fabric is too bright and clean still, especially the bright white bars.

Excellent work. The result needs no explanation as it is extremely obvious, which is gratifying. My only suggestion would be to increase the weathering on the fabric sections. When compared to the real life images, the fabric is too bright and clean still, especially the bright white bars.
Thanks! And a good suggestion. (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back