Interest Energizer kit - interest survey

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, after starting this whole energizer project I ended up with molds of my own scratch work that don't need to get thrown away, how many folks want to pick up a maglite or aluminum pipe and make their own?

I have a shroud now that just needs a little sanding. Sometimes bubbles form in the back rim, easily to fill, I was going to do mine with milliput and instead did the super glue/baking soda thing. I'll drop a picture of a lightly painted shroud today, I just got my TS-14 can in the mail.

There is ONE issue I'll describe later. Here, just look at some pictures. The shroud is smoother than it looks, it's black resin which looks dusty any time you sand it.

69993340415__B31D275E-D7D5-436C-8B34-3C71E37A8874.jpeg
70008583506__840C55A8-7E3C-4EA9-95A1-47DC9245ED26 (2).jpeg

IMG_6067.jpeg
IMG_6179 (1).jpeg
IMG_6207.jpeg

I used specific parts from Evergreen and Plastruct for the midband and grips. I can supply these or give y'all an instruction booklet for what I did.

The problems I have are that I don't have scratch made versions of the top of the box or the greeblie behind the shroud. You can buy the greeblie from Roy at wannawanga.com I think. I'm also thinking of mocking up a couple versions in styrene to cast, if there's any interest.

Heck, I just realized I could mold my endcap so people could use an aluminum tube and just glue it in there..

Yep - here is my own shroud. Sanding, some CA glue as an acrylic coating and TS-14 spray lacquer. The original energizer saber had a very soft looking thick paint job. Very black. That’s why I went with TS paints, most rustoleum looks too dull to my eyes.

Anyway, I also drilled and tapped for a 6-32 button head screw. Easy. Also took a sharp edged file and scraped the inside of the shroud to make a snug fit on the flashlight (right angle all the way around.) Easy.
61B7A210-67A8-4D50-B59E-DBB2F6F42307.jpeg05A06859-8E73-4034-A0A7-9D034AFF932B.jpeg3983425C-0A1D-4118-898D-14D22D27A219.jpeg
Also I’m working on a master for the mystery part. On my way
160B46A7-3275-4B29-B741-98DB5B1308CE.jpeg

The raw shrouds are a little rough but it’s all excess material. I’ve counted no more than 2-3 bubbles which I’m rather proud of!

Yep - here is my own shroud. Sanding, some CA glue as an acrylic coating and TS-14 spray lacquer. The original energizer saber had a very soft looking thick paint job. Very black. That’s why I went with TS paints, most rustoleum looks too dull to my eyes.

Anyway, I also drilled and tapped for a 6-32 button head screw. Easy. Also took a sharp edged file and scraped the inside of the shroud to make a snug fit on the flashlight (right angle all the way around.) Easy.
View attachment 1678888View attachment 1678889View attachment 1678890
Also I’m working on a master for the mystery part. On my way
View attachment 1678891

The raw shrouds are a little rough but it’s all excess material. I’ve counted no more than 2-3 bubbles which I’m rather proud of!
Do you know if these would these fit MHS hilts? (the blank flat ones of course)

Sorry I know I'm kinda late to this but I'm very much interested in a kit for assembling on a aluminum tube if this ever becomes available.
Message me on here! I do have an Etsy store but I can do things through PayPal right on here (The RPF)

I have casts of the parts I made: emitter, control box minus the top layer and the mystery part.

The top layer on the control box was very decorative and is better scratch made

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back