Energizer commercial Vader Lightsaber?

jason1976

Sr Member
I know some of you have done this saber before, and since I just got me a stuffed Energizer bunny, I thought I would do one too. So, does anyone have pics of the saber, screen caps, or advice on making one?

Thanks
Jason

There used to be a member here (dunno if he's still around) who knew/worked with a producer who owned that saber and was going to provide pics. Not sure if he ever did...

Don Bies actually built that saber, and if memory serves me right I THINK that he may still have it in his possession...

I'll give him a call and see what I can dig up...

Jason

I have 'em - here ya go:
bunnysaber01.jpg

bunnysaber02.jpg

bunnysaber03.jpg

bunnysaber04.jpg

bunnysaber05.jpg

bunnysaber06.jpg

bunnysaber07.jpg

bunnysaber08.jpg

bunnysaber09.jpg

bunnysaber10.jpg

bunnysaber11.jpg

bunnysaber12.jpg

bunnysaber13.jpg

bunnysaber14.jpg

bunnysaber15.jpg

bunnysaber16.jpg

bunnysaber17.jpg

Thanks to Wackychimp for pic hosting.
Enjoy :)
-Chris

OOOOOO Another vader saber I'm going to have to do.

I really like that control box. Plus it doesn't look all that hard to do. (looks kind of Luke ROTJ ish.)

I've had a black end cap from a nock off mag light, that looks almost exactly like the one on that saber. I've been wanting to use it on saber for years, but just hadn't found the right saber yet. I guess that worked out nice. :)

The grips look pretty straight foreword. I am surprised they did the 7 grips though. I like it, I'm just surprised. I mean, it wasn't all that long ago that comertial was out (maybe 10 years or so) and so many of the people doing replicas of the ANNH, and ROTJ sabers at that time didn't know there should be 7. (heck even MR got it wrong on the ANH.) I also wonder where they got there material. Back then, we were all looking for something that close to the movie stuff.

The body, looks easy enough. Though, what;'s up with that midband the control box is on? What is that stuff? In one pic, it looks like you can almost see through it like a grate, or heat sink. (maybe that's just me)

That shroud is a little ROTJ ish, but it's even more like that ROTS, or that other Vader that recently found. Hm.

The D-ring holder looks kind of crapy. I may have to dress that up a bit.

Does it look kind of long to anyone else?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jason

Last edited:
OMG! I don't know how I missed this at first glance, but the control box in on the side. That's a Vader first, isn't it?

Also look at how thick the walls are on the shroud neer the emitter. (plus it looks like they made a little mistake there. See the little notch along the inside edge of the shroud?) Oh, and the shroud isn't cut straight. It has an odd curve to it. I like that. (Though, it meens more work for me. :) )

Last edited:
It was definitely derived from the Barbican saber. The two sabers even share a part- the piece on the top of the control box is on the Barbican too up next to the shroud. ILM built it so I guess they went straight to the archives for reference.
The midband material looks like rubber stair tread material. Its sold on big rolls at Home Depot and Lowes.
I used the same stuff on the Stormtrooper lightsaber:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:CTSaber1.jpg

It was definitely derived from the Barbican saber. The two sabers even share a part- the piece on the top of the control box is on the Barbican too up next to the shroud. ILM built it so I guess they went straight to the archives for reference.
The midband material looks like rubber stair tread material. Its sold on big rolls at Home Depot and Lowes.
I used the same stuff on the Stormtrooper lightsaber:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:CTSaber1.jpg

That stormtrooper saber is yours? I love that saber. I've seen it around but I didn't know it was yours. :)

You know, I just realized something. The seen recreated in the commercial was from ESB. The real ESB Vader saber was the only old trilogy vader saber with 6 grips, so in a way the commercial kind of fixed that.

Did they do a Luke saber for the commercial?

I know some of you have done this saber before, and since I just got me a stuffed Energizer bunny, I thought I would do one too. So, does anyone have pics of the saber, screen caps, or advice on making one?

Thanks
Jason

I think there's one on Ebay

Last edited:
Well....I have this one in the works too :)

Didn´t have time to start on the detail part last weekend :unsure

Markus

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back