Endor Rebel Trooper Helmets (Speederbike Helmets)

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone here make or know who makes accurate Endor Rebel Helmet Donuts/ visors and Earcups? I see a lot of inaccurate ones on Ebay and Etsy as well as oversized or severely undersized ones. There was a Rebel Legion member who offered kits a few years ago but when COVID hit he had to stop making them to get a second job.

I've always toyed with the idea of making an Endor Luke costume and while I had a Yay Monsters! Endor Donut kit but it never fit me right so I sold it. I have a largish noggin so that's as much a factor as is finding a nice quality kit. I'm keen to have it be made of vacuformed plastic like the original as opposed to a resin cast or 3D printed one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

The ear cups are part of the ANH-15 flight cap that is worn under the donut.

an_h_15_muliangle_sml.jpg

Helmet Mods.jpg

You could just make the donut from some sheet styrene.
376773_9.jpg
376770_9.jpg
376766_9.jpg
376767_9.jpg

I wanna say RS got the one from PropStore. No timetable for it to be (if ever) replicated.

Yes, RS did get that one from the auction last year. I very much hope they put it into a replica production run because there's not a single fan-made option out there that is what I would consider spot-on. There are a few that look mostly okay or even pretty good, but I have to say that the vast majority that I have seen are spectacularly horrible.

Please RS - you're our only hope!

Dan

I saw that video and it was so cool to see one of the real ones up close. Every replica I've seen, save for the one offered by the person on Rebel Legion who no longer makes them, have been meh at best. I knew I should have purchased one of those when I had the chance!

I too hope that RS makes a version of this one day. The shape of the donut while it seems simple is often never scaled right on most offerings and the cut outs are either not present on most replicas or the donut itself is either too fat. Too often the replicas I've seen look like they are sitting on the top of the head like a headdress rather than around the head like a proper helmet. The visor should fit like a ballcap.

The bill being part of the donut is news to me, is that a screen used donut in the video, or a pull that wasn’t trimmed? I agree that effectively no fan effort has matched the silhouette of the original.

Propstore is auctioning off a couple of backup bucks for the donut. Wish I had the cash, I'd buy them in a second!

Perhaps this is what looks off to my eye with most of the fan made versions aside from the donut size and shape being off. Though I wonder how they managed to get the fabric over the plastic bill in a way that looks like they stitched it?

Looking at the prop store auction I'm super curious what they had in mind with some of those vacuform molds. Specifically the one that looks like the head an old chinese statue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back