Endor Radar Dish Prototype

Rats

Sr Member
Hi all,
Does anyone have any good photos of the Endor Radar Dish prototype model that show the 'neck' join in any detail? Particularly from the back.

I have been using Toromodels excellent photos from the Madrid Expo (as seen here; https://www.flickr.com/photos/toromodel/sets/72157622322545095/) to ID parts and have not been able to see much of the join area. I have done lots of Google, Flickr, Photobucket, etc, searches, but no luck so far....

I have most of the main parts ID'd, but need better views of this area to see what's there.

Please help me, you are my only hope.....

I have that cropped from one of the pic I took of the AT-ST. It was in the background that's why it is out of focus and low rez...

But the part just behind the dish is a plastruct shade lamp (probably LF-416).

Hope that helps !

Thanks Julien,
They help a lot!
Just picked up the kit that forms the base (truncated cone with the cross-stubs) recently, so I thought I'd have another go at some ID's.
Cheers,
JT

thumb tacks! lol boy they really did use whatever was at hand..wheres the paper clips, Swingline stapler and kitchen sink?

Looks like a Flak gun and possibly 88mm in there at a glance and its def a plastruct elliptical small dish as the main dish, wow this is tiny but great idea good luck with it.

Main base structure looks to be an F1 monocoque, looks to be the RE20, there is another pic of this in the archives book, have to have a gander!

lee

The push pins I saw right away. I think my jaw dropped when I saw the M-16s after looking for them as I thought that the M-16 comment was a joke.

I have few pictures of this, taken in 2008 from Brussels, hope I help you

STA71177.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

STA71176.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I love the small sketch of the landing platform and of the AT-AT's. :)

So everything have been ID'ed ?
Leopold
Flakvierling38
Z1300
RE20
Gepard

Dont know what's the conical part is nor what the turret base part. The M16s look to be 1/72.

Looks like you're right Felix :) Probably from the M113...

I found that turret base part, need only a few more ID and I'll be good to build one ! :D

Thanks TK, they're great shots. Really clear.

Julien, I had some idea that the engine was 1/3 scale, but I think it might be 1/6. It's been a while since I've looked at this, as I was waiting to get one of the harder to find kits (before the prices went up! :lol). As far as I remember there were some 99% sure Mazda rotary bits in there too. Oh and a M48A3 bit in the dish, sitting on the part with the upturned prongs (not sure what that is).

Glad to see the interest in this, I was hoping to have a at least a partly finished one before I tipped my hand!! But I guess no-one can work in isolation eh?

Cheers,
JT

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back