Endor Radar Dish Concept Model Research

marvin

Sr Member
Hi All,

I'm having a look at the Endor radar Dish concept model. Two parts have me stumped at the moment. So I need a bit of help.

First are the cones in the first pic. I thought they might be those chrome intakes on a souped up V8, but havent found them yet. Second is the disc in the third pic under the turret. It looks like a disc with vertical alignment tubes. Have been looking at brake discs but no luck yet.

If anyone has any ideas where to ook next it would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Marvin

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2481.JPG

The first pic looks like 2 parts put together to me. The bottoms look very much like v8 intake and/or exhaust valves - but the tops look like they might be spark plugs or oil pressure sending units (spark plugs is my more firm guess).

Jedi Dade

I concur with Jedi Dade on the top picture. If you look around and find some pics of the parts from the old "Visible V8" model kit, you will see those parts. Specifically, the valves and the spark plug connectors. I had this kit and remember them. IIRC, ILM used this kit for a lot of details, including the half pistons for detail on the front of Hans blaster.
As for second pic, not too sure. The circle piece looks like some sort of "twist off" locking connector of sorts. You can see the tabs and slots on the edge where it would mate up with the other half. I do however have a drawer full of the pushpins if you need them. :)

Hey guys. Thanks. Yes the top part is from the Visible V8. Have that ID. Just havent found the bottom section, the actual cone yet.

For the circular part I also have the top part with the slots. It's the part underneath with the vertical tubes that is eluding me.

Excuse the crudeness of the arrows, I did this on my phone real quick.
Red arrow is from the 1/72 Hasegawa Leopold rail gun and the blue arrow is pointing to the antenna in the center, they are 1/35 Tamiya 20mm flak 38 Ah 52
20191202_211025.jpg

Any luck with the neck parts Marvin, especially where the bend occurs? I haven't been able to get any good close-up photos of this area.

Some but not all. Was able to ID most parts with the help of friends (Joe White & Lee Ralph). I had to create 3D printed stand-ins for the thumbtacks (couldn't find tacks with the correct profile) and the neck part that is second from the bottom (semi-sphere with a lip at the bottom).

Attachments

• ROTJ_Endor Radar Dish Concept_015.jpg
    ROTJ_Endor Radar Dish Concept_015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
  • ROTJ_Endor Radar Dish Concept_019.jpg
    ROTJ_Endor Radar Dish Concept_019.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back