Interest Endor A280 Assault Rifle Kit or Finished Blaster FINAL CALL (Aluminum and Steel)

dkraude

Hello All,

I am putting out some feelers to see if there is interest in having a full Metal Endor A280 Assault Rifle project run started.

Options: "Do it yourself kit" or "finished ready to display"
Machined parts for both variants.

The receiver base would be a Denix M161A replica. Reply to this thread if interested. This is just an interest poll to gauge the price of the parts. The more interest, the more affordable they will be. MTFBWY

Drew
Endor A280 Rebel Blaster.jpg
ZcsvQxNj4Hj7RhYqLNYbew4usGuJCBQawlb9W7NBgfg.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very interested in this!, would there be an option for just the add on parts?
Thanks for your interest AnthonyD2199,

Yes. The do-it-yourself kit could include any variation of mix and match parts for use on your own purchased receiver. It is worth mentioning that each part will be calibrated to fit on the Denix M16 as seen here, unless a more suitable option presents itself.

Do you have the real Jackal parts for reference?
Hello All,

I am putting out some feelers to see if there is interest in having a full Metal Endor A280 Assault Rifle project run started.

Options: "Do it yourself kit" or "finished ready to display"
Machined parts for both variants.

The receiver base would be a Denix M161A replica. Reply to this thread if interested. This is just an interest poll to gauge the price of the parts. The more interest, the more affordable they will be. MTFBWY

DrewView attachment 1556329View attachment 1556330
Interested in a kit.

Hey Drew

I recommend to focus on ONE iteration of the A280, unless you guys want to mix/ match parts and build a "generic" version of the ROTJ Endor blaster rifle. Reason for that, is that you´d need an MGC to get the receiver details right otherwise.

The Denix would work well for the blaster, that´s using an upper receiver WITHOUT forward assist button, but at least with similar delta ring.

ROTJ A280 - 6.jpg

CHeck out this link to POL for some nice reference pictures:

I put together a collection of real -pre cut- Jackal parts, that I will take reference pictures of and get you some of the key measurements for drawing up some 3D models...

111067C2-12A7-46D5-8A3E-894729034E38.jpeg

Hey Drew

I recommend to focus on ONE iteration of the A280, unless you guys want to mix/ match parts and build a "generic" version of the ROTJ Endor blaster rifle. Reason for that, is that you´d need an MGC to get the receiver details right otherwise.

The Denix would work well for the blaster, that´s using an upper receiver WITHOUT forward assist button, but at least with similar delta ring.

View attachment 1556943

CHeck out this link to POL for some nice reference pictures:

That is a great recommendation! My thoughts for offering either set of parts are to provide the possibilities to build either variant. Modifications to the Denix M16 are already required. I think it would be possible to grind the forward assist off as it is not functional and only aesthetic. I can test and see if there are any hollow sections that would cause any complications and report back. Are there any other details that would require attention?

The "Jackal High Power" is the air rifle, that was the origin of the "shrouds" and handguards found on the ROTJ Endor rifles.
Ah, I never knew they were found parts.

For a while I've been looking at Airsoft M16s that would make a good base for the rifle, the majority of them feature the forward assist section which is annoying because the props didn't have them but I found this one which has the details I'm looking for.

It's a shame it's sold out because it looks perfect, having said that I found the receiver on its own.

I'd be interested as long as the parts are either resin cast or 3D resin printed.

Not interested in any PLA parts.
People get their models super accurate down to a 32nd of an inch and then print out parts that don't have as fine a resolution.
Why waste the time and effort?

Interested to see what you come up with.

Actually, more interested in the ESB MP-44 based rifle.
Denix makes one of those as well.

I'd be interested as long as the parts are either resin cast or 3D resin printed.

Not interested in any PLA parts.
People get their models super accurate down to a 32nd of an inch and then print out parts that don't have as fine a resolution.
Why waste the time and effort?

Interested to see what you come up with.

Actually, more interested in the ESB MP-44 based rifle.
Denix makes one of those as well.
I hadn't considered those who might be interested in resin printed parts. Perhaps this could be an option if there is enough interest. I personally would like to have these parts all machined out of aluminum and steel.

Metal will work for a few simple parts but the parts that make the scope mount and shoulder stock, not so much.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back