Interest Endor A280 Assault Rifle Kit or Finished Blaster FINAL CALL (Aluminum and Steel)

Update:

After much research I finally have an update regarding the status of this project. The majority of the parts have been designed. Thanks to the help of Odiwan72, I should have measurements of the real jackal parts to confirm the accuracy of the designed parts and make modifications if necessary. Photo comparison are attached for reference. The next step will be acquiring the price. As expected the higher the quantity of purchased parts, the better the price, nevertheless, I intend to proceed with mine regardless, therefore, I will obtain a bulk price and a single price just in case we do not have the volume necessary. It has been awhile since I had originally started this interest thread and I understand situations change both financially and priority. I will be updating the price for each of the parts within the next two weeks. If you could let me know if you are still interested it would be beneficial with determining the bulk price rate. Will be in touch.

Attachments

• Picture Book Power Cylinder Comparison.png
    Picture Book Power Cylinder Comparison.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture Book Pump Grip Comparison.png
    Picture Book Pump Grip Comparison.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture Book Shroud Comparison.png
    Picture Book Shroud Comparison.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Shroud Research.png
    Shroud Research.png
    596 KB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 8.25.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 8.25.46 AM.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 11.41.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 11.41.54 AM.png
    767.4 KB · Views: 106
I mean that the parts that make up the scope mount are complicated, geometry wise, and that would cost a lot of money to CNC.
Perhaps someone has original parts to cast.

A resin cast part will be much easier to deal with; also the original parts were plastic.

The parts need to be cut as described in this build thread from 2016: Endor rifle - any idea what this part is?

The missing photos show what needs to be cut up (you need to forestock (sp?) parts to make the mount for the blaster rifle:

View attachment 1558368View attachment 1558369View attachment 1558370

I should be able to get a few casts out of my molds for you, if needed. PM me

DREW is the "FULL METAL BLASTER MASTER" and that´s what this thread is for :)

...the Jackal parts of this ETSY kit look decent!
I did reach out to Mark (the designer of these parts) He was gracious enough to let me use his design as a starting ground in my research. They are decent but require some modification. (Examples in the photos) On the other hand, as we have previously discussed, who knows how many of these props were actually made for the production of the film and the variations are probably numerous considering these were all hand made and not manufactured in a factory. I received your measurements and they will be instrumental in the final product. Many Thanks Markus!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.29.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.29.53 AM.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.23.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.23.35 AM.png
    404.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.48.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.48.26 PM.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 89
RE the production made rifles - the foregrip is actually made of wood, and the channel in it (that the barrel goes into) is actually square cut, not round as you have drawn. I realize its a replica and you may alter the design from the originals, but I wanted to mention.

RE the production made rifles - the foregrip is actually made of wood, and the channel in it (that the barrel goes into) is actually square cut, not round as you have drawn. I realize its a replica and you may alter the design from the originals, but I wanted to mention.
Thank you bobasfett. Thats a good point. As you have mentioned, the final product needs to replicate the prop. Designing the part with a rectangle insert to fit over a round barrel would require more work with assembly and additional unnecessary modification, thus, I am altering the design for ease of assembly, while not sacrificing the overall finished appearance. I am looking into pricing for the pump grip to made from either wood or metal. My intent is to build an idealized version for my personal collection.

Thank you everyone for your interest in this blaster. I have received the quote back for the parts needed to build this great prop. Here is the total cost associated.

Total Cost of all of the parts needed in Kit form including the airsoft receiver (Individual) $1879.83
Total Cost of all of the parts needed in Kit form including the airsoft receiver (Bulk Rate) MOQ = 20 $1299.70

In an effort to be as transparent as possible, these costs exclude any shipping or respective pp fees as they are not marked up. Over the next few weeks, I will update progress photos of the prototype parts I have already ordered for my personal build. My intent of doing so will provide documentation regarding how to assemble your own blaster should you choose to purchase one, and to illustrate how it will appear completed. I will also consider offering a service to assemble and paint for an additional $300 but this will depend on quantity of interest. I do this as a hobby and prefer not to jeopardize my main employment nor do I want to neglect my family.

In order to obtain the bulk rate price we need to have at least 20 committed to completing this run. Please confirm if you are interested in proceeding at either price option or only the Bulk Rate option. Completed fully finished or just a raw kit. Thanks again and MTFBWY

Last edited:
Update:

After much research I finally have an update regarding the status of this project. The majority of the parts have been designed. Thanks to the help of Odiwan72, I should have measurements of the real jackal parts to confirm the accuracy of the designed parts and make modifications if necessary. Photo comparison are attached for reference. The next step will be acquiring the price. As expected the higher the quantity of purchased parts, the better the price, nevertheless, I intend to proceed with mine regardless, therefore, I will obtain a bulk price and a single price just in case we do not have the volume necessary. It has been awhile since I had originally started this interest thread and I understand situations change both financially and priority. I will be updating the price for each of the parts within the next two weeks. If you could let me know if you are still interested it would be beneficial with determining the bulk price rate. Will be in touch.
Interested in a kit.

Love all metal Hoth you did dkraude sign me up!!!!!

Attachments

• 9493F787-CA69-409F-80A6-D0D6CAD9CCF1.jpeg
    9493F787-CA69-409F-80A6-D0D6CAD9CCF1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 92
  • 71E99D95-F014-4010-B24F-AC0F78E35CB8.jpeg
    71E99D95-F014-4010-B24F-AC0F78E35CB8.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 3369E30B-C4A6-47D3-927C-8928834F5F9A.jpeg
    3369E30B-C4A6-47D3-927C-8928834F5F9A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • 1F24CE3B-4601-4FEA-B7D5-085DC1C1E9DA.jpeg
    1F24CE3B-4601-4FEA-B7D5-085DC1C1E9DA.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 105

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back