Done / Completed ENDED: Unimax Fail Safe Switch Insert for BOBA FETT ESB EE-3 Stock Greeblie: ENDED

mugatu

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
4E95910A-CC99-4310-A5D4-9054F251515B.jpeg

(image forwarded by the manufacturer, but originally sent to them by a Fetthead. A single order is for one (1) unit. to complete an ESB EE-3 Carbine, you will need to place an order for two pieces.)

Hello.

I will add photos and more info later but since I was contacted just now, and the window given to me is so small, I am posting now just in case.

This is for:

BRAND NEW
UNIMAX BRAND
FAIL SAFE SWITCH INSERT
PART NUMBER GW011

(as used in The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
as the center square Stock Greeblie on Boba Fett’s EE-3 Carbine)

4BAAFEE0-B44F-4EEE-93E4-CE45D6C797F8.jpeg

Only one piece will come per unit ordered. Two shown here for reference only.

The company that makes (Live Electronics) them is still currently making them, however their Board has elected to cease production permanently as of August 6, 2019!

That does not leave much time to order. The manufacturer reached out to me today being that I have placed a large order with them previously and cleared the path for them to allow private sales as these parts are used normally as a fail safe device for industrial purposes. I was told of the decision to cease production and the deadline date to order.

It has been confirmed that bulk/quantity discounts can be had once the order has reached 20 units and also at 40 units. The actual amount of these quantity discounts will not be something outrageous, but will save each of us a few bucks if we can attain the threahholds. I will update this listing when I have the total quantity of the order AND HAVE PLACED THE ORDER.

02AA4CC4-478F-4105-B50B-28EEA423AC68.jpeg

6B18C19A-25C4-45C7-B929-D83E27AFD352.jpeg

I am posting a sign up here. I will attempt to update as often as possible. I really don’t know what sorts of interest there is for these but as this will be LAST CALL FOR THESE... EVER (I’m looking at you, Lucasfilm!) I will be organizing this “Limited Run” in this way:

1) This run is for those wanting a Unimax Fail Safe Switch Insert (just the red piece used on the prop), in brand new condition, and the price is for ONE PIECE. Boba Fett’s EE-3 Carbine from ESB requires TWO of these, one for each side.

2) This run is for those outside of the UK. or Europe.
Cost savings should be great for those outside of the UK. or Europe.
Because the manufacturer is located in England, it will not save you any money to order through me if you also live in the UK. or in other countries close to the U.K. In fact, it is highly likely to be less expansive for you if you order direct from the manufacturer, however, if you have any doubts remember, AUGUST 6th, 2019 IS THE LAST DAY TO ORDER AND PAY THEM and their response time to messages is not always great, so DO NOT WAIT until then to order!

3. Since August 6th is the last day to order and pay them, I WILL BE PLACING THIS GROUP ORDER ON AUGUST 5TH, 2019. No exceptions!

4. Since I am placing this order on August 5th, 2019, I REQUIRE FULL PAYMENT FROM YOU BY AUGUST 4th, 2019.

5A. The price for each GW011 Insert last time was around £35 plus shipping to the USA. As a bulk order, I am going to bipass my slingshot helper in England and just have the whole package sent direct to me this time and I will distribute these from the USA. I am expecting that to be an additional $80 USD total for the whole shipment. As such, with the conversion to USD, I am expecting these to come in at approximately $45.00 USD Each plus shipping from me to you. This amount will go down once all bulk discounts are known and applied.

5B. I will ship these out to USA people via USPS Priority Mail Small Fixed Rate Box, which is $7.95. So your total cost owed will be:

5A x quantity you want ordered + 5B

To order, DO NOT leave a message here in this post. To order, send me a payment with:

Your name
Your RPF screen name
Number of units to order
Your mailing address

Payment must include funds to cover the total number of GW011 Inserts you want and the $7.95 USPS Shipping Fee.

****I should have mentioned before that I do have dogs, and not that they will be anywhere near these Unimax inserts while the inserts are at my house, if you happen to be allergic to dogs, please let me know by PM and I will arrange for the container to be opened at my place of employment and your order will be shipped by me from there. Also, if you are allergic to raw awesomeness, I cannot help you with this order as my house and car and yes, even my job (while I am there), with likely be lethal to you. Seriously, if you are allergic to dogs, please PM me.****

If you are international, but not in the Europe, contact me for a shipping quote from the USA to you as I am not sure which way would ultimately save you the most money.

You may send payment to me either via Paypal or now through Venmo.

via Paypal:

via Venmo:

Send me a PM here at theRPF if you intend to use Venmo so I can give you my non-html-friendly Venmo account name.

If you intend to pay for your order via PayPal, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ORDER AS A COMMENT HERE NOR SEND ME A PM HERE AT THERPF. I am assuming most will pay by PayPal, in which case please just send me the payment via PayPal with my requested information above. Do not leave a message in this thread saying you want one; the only way to ensure getting one is to send me a payment with the info I requested above. This posting and Comments Section is to be used for questions and announcements only.

Paid:

mugatu X5

teecrooz X1

KevinHotchkiss X2

edraven99 X2

The Ninja X4

newmagrathea X2

bh51512 X2

thd9791 X1

mbmcfarland X2

cyberblock X2

russellsch X2

Davy Jones X2

scottjua X2

RichardJones X2

sjanish X2

clmayfield X4

Johnnyb X2

CaptainSolo X1

Running Tally: 40 Units

Next Price Break: 40 UNITS

eethan X2 - Ordered Direct
Rafite X2 - Ordered Direct
tk2647 X2 - Ordered Direct

Thank you, and if you know anyone that may be interested, direct them to this thread.

Last edited:
that's hyper cool of you to do that Andy! I hope you will not have too much trouble as this seems a bit complex to organize.
I'm interested in 2 but I think I will pass as it's a bit weird that those will be sent to you from UK to US then back to me in France. Probably stupid of me to pass but hey...
cheers again for doing it and good luck (y)

I'm in for at least 2, maybe 4.

newmagrathea please see instructions for ordering, sir!

that's hyper cool of you to do that Andy! I hope you will not have too much trouble as this seems a bit complex to organize.
I'm interested in 2 but I think I will pass as it's a bit weird that those will be sent to you from UK to US then back to me in France. Probably stupid of me to pass but hey...
cheers again for doing it and good luck (y)

Thanks eethan . I agree this will likely be a bit nightmarish. I will send to you the contact info as you are in France.

Hi, just to be on, 7.95 for shipping to France?

Actually, no... but thank you for asking this, as this is just as good of a place as any to get this contact information out there...
...and the reason is, just as I had suspected, it has been confirmed by our very own eethan that if you reside in France (or in any other country in Europe) it should be faster, easier, and cost you less to simply order directly from them.

If you are not in Europe, it is probably less expensive (etc.) to be part of this large order here.

Here is the direct contact information:

Claire Childs of Live Electronics Ltd.
Email is the fastest way to get in contact with Claire:

claire.childs@liveelectronics.co.uk
or through the general email:
sales@liveelectronics.co.uk

Be sure to tell Claire that Stephen sent you!

Back to top for REAL FOUND PARTS! Just over a week left for the last possible order for these EVER!!!

thanks for organizing this, I am in contact for direct order

No problem. Claire reached out to me since I had ordered from her before and we developed some trust, so it was my destiny...

If you have any issues with ordering direct, tk2647 let me know.

No problem. Claire reached out to me since I had ordered from her before and we developed some trust, so it was my destiny...

If you have any issues with ordering direct, tk2647 let me know.
It worked for me because I am located in Germany, I will get an invoice when she gets the next batch

It worked for me because I am located in Germany, I will get an invoice when she gets the next batch

Glad they were able to work it out for you and save little money.

Any word on the bulk price amounts and if we are meeting them?

I believe we will be a getting a very small price break having crossed the 20 unit threshhold. The next price break will be at 40 units.

What this means is that everyone will get a refund albeit the price break is nothing like half off. As of now, it is very minor as in between £1-£2 off per unit. I don’t want to say specifically yet as I don’t want anyone doing his or her own math yet, sending in less if they order from this point on, etc. As a favor to me, to make this as easy as possible to orchestrate, I ask anyone placing an order here through this listing please continue to use/send the amounts listed in the very first originating post. Then, once the order is placed, and a total quantity is known and set, I can apply the full discount that we collectively qualify for (again, it isn’t going to be some huge amount off, but every little bit helps). Once I calculate the exact amount to refund back to each of you, I can just go right down the line refunding the discount amount owed to you. Thus far everyone has been very easy to deal with and each of you has followed my instructions to a T! You have no idea how much of a relief that is to me personally. So, THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Anyone considering ordering one or two of these, please commit and pay as soon as you can and don’t wait until the 4th of August because anyone who misses the deadline will not be included as I am just a poor old man and unfortunately will not be able to cover for you.

I have received correspondence from Claire today that she has processed, since this posting, orders exceeding 50 units from those in Europe and elsewhere whom are not on this list!

That is awesome!!!

Remember, everyone intending to place an order here, please do so by following the instructions above and be sure to have your payment to me by the end of Sunday August 4th, 2019! That is only three nights from right now!!!

ALSO, the list is now completely up to date.
If you have sent payment to me but do not see your name on the list in the original post, something has gone wrong in your payment’s transmission to me as I have not received it.
If this is the case, please send to me a PM ASAP!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back