Empire Strikes Back question...

Luke had to use the Force to direct his fall into the shoot he ended up in.

He did? Why was he screaming like a baby on the way down?

Oh right... he wasn't. Wait he did scream didn't he? Let me put in my VHS copy of ESB the SE. Yep! Screaming like a girl on a roller coaster!

You know I don't remember him screaming back in 1980...

Let me put in my dvd copy just to be sure...

What the??? He's not screaming again! :wacko :lol

That darn George just can't make up his mind! :lol

Kevin

To me, it has always CLEARLY been his blaster.

As stated, the hand would have shown flesh tone, and the saber would be with it most likely. The shape would be very different.

To me, there is NO mistaking the shape of the scope thing and the handle/barrel. But I guess some people like to argue about this.. :)

...and you sounded so SURE! :lol

For some reason I always thought it was Luke's blaster, That fell out of his holster.

That's what I always thought it was when I was younger. I just figured his blaster fell out out of its holster.

However that screen cap makes me think it was his dinner left overs. Sure looks like a aluminum foil swan to me.

It couldn't be his hand and lightsaber. Luke had to use the Force to direct his fall into the shoot he ended up in.

We don't know that. They're in a big gas processor. Lots of air being directed, blown, sucked....surely with processes in place to eject foreign objects dropped into it. He and his hand fell in close succession and would've been directed to the same place.

I don't recall anywhere in the movie or EU saying the planet was a gas giant. Simply that they were mining gas, and they were in the clouds.
Doesn't seem unreasonable to me that there is actually a solid planet under the cloud layer. After all, we live on more or less solid ground under clouds.

Seems perfectly reasonable that Luke's hand landed on a hard surface and was recovered.

It's just for effect (just to show how high Luke is in the structure)...Hollywood does it all the time; as a matter of fact, I don't know why George didn't do it with Luke and Leia in the Death Star:unsure

I don't know you, man, but I want to! :) That is awesome.
I highly doubt that's his hand. I mean if it were, the only thing I could see is it landing on a tie fighter while they're flying around

"Control, we have nothing to repDUDE WHAT THE **** IS THAT!!! Is that a hand?!?! Where the **** did that come from?? That's ****ing gross!!!! What is it holding?!?! Is that a ****ing d*ldo??? Man you cloud city bastards are ****ed in the head!!!"

Didn't someone in another thread post a pic showing the lightsaber left on the walkway? If it isn't his hand, what is it? Why go to the trouble to insert one small piece of debris if it isn't meant to be his hand?

So is this the first great necro of the new year?

Did Luke's hand and saber have to get sucked into a vent? What if they just landed at the bottom of the…um, keel?

The what is: piece of ice detaching from the structure: Cloud City is fairly high and ice has a tendency to accumulate on the antennas and stuff. Door opens, Luke falls on one of these and we see that chunk of ice falling. See, easy explanation and it sounds believable:rolleyes

Didn't someone in another thread post a pic showing the lightsaber left on the walkway?

That was after the wind blew Luke backwards out of the lower level of the freezing chamber (through that big window that looked like the window of a TIE fighter).

Right after this part:

4fce58d160bf9.jpg

And he pulls himself back up onto the gantry. His saber is lying on the gantry as he pulls himself up.

Kevin

I know the EU doesn't count, but there is a novel where they clone Luke by retrieving his hand from the depths of Cloud City.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back