Emperors royal guard experts please chime in!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Dark Shadow, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I bought an emperors royal guard helmet off a guy on Ebay (Its the larger one in the center of the other guard and the EFX vader helmet) The helmets quality and workmanship are beyond professional! My only concern is that its too large. The Vader helmet on the left is the Legend edition EFX helmet and is full size. The helmet on the right is a don post vinyl helmet that is undersized. Please chime in and tell me your thoughts whether this helmet is too big or not.

royalguard.jpg

2. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

The accurately made Royal Guard helmet is big. The Don Post was too small I believe. An accurate Royal Guard helmet will look bigger but not that big.

In the words of Fluffy,..*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really cool but humongous. I say just display it without other helmets near it.

3. LB66679

LB66679 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

that looks about right to me . i have a rubies which i believe is a modified don post and its a little snug on me so that would be perfect size . the guard helmet is supposed to cover most of the shoulders too

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Any other opinions?

5. jkno

jkno Master Member

It looks very cool but I think it is a tad too big. Still you know, Zeppelin heads and Hulk need helmets too :D

LTsmash1200 likes this.
  6. Prototypical

Prototypical Active Member

I would say, try it on and then take a pic. If it looks to big on you then you have your answer.

Unfated likes this.
  7. bdgr

bdgr Member

It does look too tall and you would probably need a long giraffe neck to properly fit. Have you put it on and can you see through the eye openings?

8. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member

Did you get it from
    Cylon Trader
    ? If so, then it's pretty darn close. The Rubies Supreme Edition is about as close as you can get to ROTJ-accurate. Out of the box, the only issue is the visor (not dark enough and wrong color), and that's easily fixed. Compared to the one I mentioned and the Rubies SE, the old Don Post suffered from the worst mold shrinkage ever. Here's a comparison of all three on me over the years...

Don Post (mid-mods):

[​IMG]

The one off of eBay (trimmed up to Prequel size around the avontail):

[​IMG]

Rubies Supreme Edition:

[​IMG]

--Jonah

9. Jarvis B

Jarvis B Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Iv'e had this Don Post recast for a few years now that never fit my head so today it has gone on the chopping block , I have a pretty large head and so far with the test fit everthing is looking pretty good .
    My goal with this one is to build a RG helmet that fits larger heads while keeping it's original shape unlike the New rubies helmet that simply pulled the helmet out front to back without reshaping the curves .
    Here's how it sits at the moment it should be finished in a week or so .
    Anyone interested in Larger RG soon ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]