Emperor Palpatine

Darth Domain

Has anyone any idea where i can get a passable palpatine cloak, hood and clasp, does not have to be screen accurate, but fairly good. Just so i can have my boss with me when i go trooping as vader.
Additionally, anyone have any tips for the face, is a mask the only way?
Thanks

The way they did it in revenge was with a latex hood first, then they put a one peace part on which covered the forehead, and cheeks, then they puc on a second piece around the mouth, then blended, etc.

I could make a prosthetic up for you,something simple, or there is a rubies mask available, not seen it in person, but the catalogue shot looks the part (but rubies are known for there stuff looking a bit different in the flesh)

<div class='quotetop'>(Dark Shadow @ Jun 8 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1258590[/snapback]</div>
Pm sent
[/b]
Pm Replied

<div class='quotetop'>(frosty @ Jun 8 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]1258591[/snapback]</div>
I could make a prosthetic up for you,something simple, or there is a rubies mask available, not seen it in person, but the catalogue shot looks the part (but rubies are known for there stuff looking a bit different in the flesh)
[/b]
Mmm. problem is, face masks look too, masky, i would like to have the movement when talking if you get my drift

Any one want to chime in about robes at all, any idea where i can get them, also, has anyone tips for the hands?

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ Jun 9 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]1258872[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Dark Shadow @ Jun 8 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1258590[/snapback]
Pm sent
[/b]
Pm Replied

<div class='quotetop'>(frosty @ Jun 8 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]1258591[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
Mmm. problem is, face masks look too, masky, i would like to have the movement when talking if you get my drift

Any one want to chime in about robes at all, any idea where i can get them, also, has anyone tips for the hands?
[/b][/quote]
I'm pretty sure the hands were just airbrushed, and then finger nails were added.

Thanks guys, I do see "Sith robes" on e-bay every now and then, i assume they are just long black hooded robes but again, i'm not sure of their accuracy, any one still wnat to chime in about this. Also, looks like i would have to go with the mask version as i not a skilled make up artist, perhaps a bit of lip gloss here and there :D

If your still interested let me know... I've done a Palpatine prosthetic based on ROTJ. Shown here...

TOTJ20-20Emperor20Shoot20-2029a_disp800.jpg

I am currently making hands for my Palpatine. I bought press on nails that I am chipping up with the dremel and then will airbrush them the proper shade of rotten yellow.

My robe was made by a fellow member of the garrison who just looked at reference pics and made it in half a day with no pattern. There is a website called mystikmerchant.com that makes black robes. If you get the mace windu style in black, that will be pretty close to an emperor robe. I got my Plo Koon robe from them, and can vouch for its quality.

As for the clasp, you can make something similar to the MR out of wood. Use a router to round the edges, and then a smaller router bit to set in some designs. Sand and paint.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 6 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1275068[/snapback]</div>
What kind of price range are you working with?
[/b]

to tell you the truth, i have no idea, Palpatine is something i have not considered before so i am not sure at all of the price ranges, if any one can chime in with suggestions about prices that would help. But i will be spending about £30 British pounds on the latex mask so far.

I would imagine Palps would be one of the cheaper costumes to put together, especially if you go the ROTJ route. I may be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Anyone wanna chime in with how much an accurate Palps would cost?

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Jul 7 2006, 06:35 AM) [snapback]1275732[/snapback]</div>
I would imagine Palps would be one of the cheaper costumes to put together, especially if you go the ROTJ route. I may be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Anyone wanna chime in with how much an accurate Palps would cost?
[/b]
I think i have found the source now, i think you all know what great work Kropserkel does with robes etc, i have viewed the stuff, its cool and affordable.
So i'm going for the ROTS (black) Robes and the clasp, Frosty is going to be looking into making a face mask.

Now, i need to get the Dollars :D

Found a source for the fabric, and I decided to make my own version of the clasp. The final piece will be cast in glossy black resin. The red reflections on it are from the shirt I was wearing while I took the picture...

emporer_clasp_1.jpg

~ GM

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 12 2006, 02:26 AM) [snapback]1279023[/snapback]</div>
Found a source for the fabric, and I decided to make my own version of the clasp. The final piece will be cast in glossy black resin. The red reflections on it are from the shirt I was wearing while I took the picture...

emporer_clasp_1.jpg

~ GM
[/b]
Nice looking piece :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back