Emperor Palpatine work in progress

streetjudge79

Master Member
I'm painting this up for one of the members. Nearly done. Hope you guys like it. It's my second time ever painting one of these. Just waiting on the eyes to arrive and do a few touchups around the eye sockets.
The hood is just temporary for the pics, borrowed my wife's sweater for that..
acf1d07a.jpg

a7d74777.jpg

4c9411ca.jpg

7e301041.jpg

Last edited:
I recognize that! Starting to shape up really well, just never got the time to finish one up, but can see how gorgeous they can turn out.

Great job streetjudge!
Can't wait to see it with the eyes!

He looks extremely eerie without them... well, more so than usual!

I don't know if the Mr Walker posting in this thread is the same one (the post count seems low for someone going that far back...?), but this is the bust that Mr Walker, C. King and I commissioned many years ago. Nice to see they're still being appreciated with others that have come to exist since then. I still have my original one of them, in fact.

I don't know if the Mr Walker posting in this thread is the same one (the post count seems low for someone going that far back...?), but this is the bust that Mr Walker, C. King and I commissioned many years ago. Nice to see they're still being appreciated with others that have come to exist since then. I still have my original one of them, in fact.

It is indeed the same Mr Walker. I sort of lost interest for a few years, but I still collect the odd item that takes my fancy. How you doing jme3? What was it, 2001, 2002 we started this project?

I, for some reason, sent my original bust to WolfMorganX (anyone remember him) for painting, with predictable results (ie, I got screwed).

Fortunately found another chap here who was willing to sell theirs, and the one in the photo is it, and being painted up for me by streetjudge (who has done a great job) so finally, after all these years, I'll have one.

It is indeed the same Mr Walker. I sort of lost interest for a few years, but I still collect the odd item that takes my fancy. How you doing jme3? What was it, 2001, 2002 we started this project?

I, for some reason, sent my original bust to WolfMorganX (anyone remember him) for painting, with predictable results (ie, I got screwed).

Fortunately found another chap here who was willing to sell theirs, and the one in the photo is it, and being painted up for me by streetjudge (who has done a great job) so finally, after all these years, I'll have one.

So it is you!

Everything's going well here and I hope it is for you also.

According to the WIP photos of the project that I still have in my folder, it was January of 2003 for this project. Here's one of them:

Emperor3.jpg

And yeah, I remember Wolf Morgan. Sad to hear you were taken on this, especially considering the sum you put forth just for the commission, to say nothing of the casting. But it's good to hear you came out on top by finding another. Can't keep a good collector down, eh? :lol

Here's hoping it turns out to your liking!

Rgs,
James

Everything is indeed well jme, and thanks for asking.

All credit for this wonderful bust must go to cking, who, in his usual perfectionist way, made sure this was as good as it could be. All I did was kick a bit of money in to make sure this project happened. :)

Everything is indeed well jme, and thanks for asking.

All credit for this wonderful bust must go to cking, who, in his usual perfectionist way, made sure this was as good as it could be. All I did was kick a bit of money in to make sure this project happened. :)

:):thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back