Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 02/26/16

Discussion in 'Conventions and Prop Parties' started by firesprite, Sep 9, 2015.

1. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

2016 is going to be 4 days for the first time and they've already started announcing guests!

Celebrity Guests
    * Danielle Panabaker
    * Robbie Amell
    * Nathan Fillion
    * Christy Carlson Romano
    * Chyler Leigh
    * Dameon Clarke
    * Dante Basco
    * David Anders
    * Gigi Edgley
    * Jason David Frank
    * Jenna Coleman
    * Lana Parilla
    * Melissa Benoist
    * Robbie Amell
    * Rose McIver
    * Sasha Roiz
    * Sean Maguire
    * Will Friedle
    * Sean Astin
    * Elden Henson
    * Norman Reedus

* Richard Sherman
    * Bobby Wagner

Authors
    * Patrick Rothfuss

* Clare Kramer - MC/Main Stage Hostess

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Robin80JP likes this.
  2. Impossiblegurl

Impossiblegurl New Member

Re: Emerald City Comicon 2016

They also announced that tickets go on sale September 23rd at noon pacific time.:)

Sorry if this isn't needed info, I am brand new to this forum (and Cosplay/Costuming in general). But looking forward to going to Emerald City.

Robin80JP and firesprite like this.
  3. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

So Nathan Fillion was announced today, tickets went on sale... and promptly started selling out. 4 day passes and some of the special packages are already sold out apparently.

4. JWKruser

JWKruser Active Member

4 day passes sold out the first hour. 3-day passes sold out the first day.. Glad I got mine! :D

5. joshspiderman23

joshspiderman23 Sr Member

I got a 4 day pass, but my friend had to get 1 day passes for everything else ewwww. its my first time going to ecc some Im very excited to finally check it out.

6. niennumb1

niennumb1 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Other than Nathan Fillion (YES!!!!!) It's been a bit of a snoozer of announcements so far. What do you think? Hopefully some really great ones to come.

7. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

yes, its getting pretty close (convention time wise) and I am surprised there hasn't been more guests announced.

8. niennumb1

Maybe i'm the only one because I'm getting older and these are fairly newer shows these celebrity guests are coming from, but so far (with great exception to Nathan Fillion) these announcements overall are VERY underwhelming and starting to regret my celebrity fast pass purchase.

I hope they're saving some amazing ones for last. The more I see announced, the less slots remain.

This has to be, on the whole, the worst lineup I've seen yet.

9. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Yeah, the celebrity lineup so far doesn't have the... oomph that past years seem to have had so far.

10. niennumb1

Yeah, and i'm not sure if that's a ReedPop thing or what, but it's a stark contrast to almost all previous years' lineups they've had.

11. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

NOT the only one. Man this year's guests are really pretty under whelming. Just glad I don't pay for my admission!

12. niennumb1

Re: Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 01/08/16

Yeah I thought the whole acquisition by ReedPop was supposed to really up the ante on the quality of lineup connections to industry celebrities out there. They made a huge boom with Fillion and then after that just nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

13. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

Re: Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 01/23/16

I thought the same thing that ReedPop's take over would increase the caliber of guests to an almost NYCC level.

14. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Re: Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 02/04/16

So, it looks like Foggy from Netflix's Daredevil was just announced. He's a nice addition, but the overall lineup still isn't feeling up to snuff...

15. HyperShadow

HyperShadow Active Member

I ended up getting a Friday and Sunday pass due to the multi-day passes selling out ridiculously fast. Booooo. Would have loved a Saturday pass.

I agree that the celebrity line-up is pretty underwhelming aside from Nathan Fillion. Just means I'll be saving some money. ;) I'll be wearing my Marty McFly costume both days I'm there.

16. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

between the guests for this show and the Wi*ard World Portland in a few weeks its looking like the NW has fallen back into the 90's convention scene again!

17. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Re: Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 02/13/16

Looks like Norman Reedus is coming back, which is nice... He was super-sweet when he was down last time.

niennumb1 likes this.
  18. niennumb1

Yeah I'm excited about that! Which makes it 3 media guests I am looking forward to..... which is also not very well worth the VIP celebrity fast pass price. Hopefully they announce a few more good ones because it's really suffering this year, being the 4th biggest comicon in the country and past lineups trumping this one thus far.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

19. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Wish I was closer as I'd love to get Nathan Fillion to sign my Destiny Box sets and one or two of the Castle books I got my mom lol. Oh man I could get Nolan North to sign my destiny and uncharted stuff lol. I need to start checking the local cons but they never bring in big names like this.

20. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Re: Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 02/17/16

It hasn't been officially announced by ECCC, but Patrick Rothfuss has taken the liberty of creating an event of his own around ECCC, so I think it's safe to say he'll be at the convention!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1046341605416260/

21. niennumb1

Well they started posting the pricing for autographs and photo ops. These prices are getting worse all the time.

I REALLY wish I had met Reedus back in 2011 when he was there for the Boondock Saints table they had. $80 for a signature and $100 photo op seems extremely steep. I think Stan Lee was less than that for a photo op last year...

I know Patrick Stewart was as well as Leonard Nimoy a few years back. This stuff is a total budget killer!

22. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Yeah, Norman is the highest this year, which is crazy. I'm REALLY glad I actually had the chance to meet him before. :(

23. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

So, I realize that this is going to sound self-serving given my participation in Writer's Block the last two years, but...

We've gotten announcements about random, ancillary stuff like the "official beer" of ECCC, but still not a single peep about Writer's Block. I know people who went last year just to see authors who were coming, and every WB panel was full to capacity, but they haven't said anything about it this year... When authors like Pat Rothfuss are creating their own event pages on Facebook to let their fans know they're going to be at the area's biggest conventions slightly over a month out, that seems like a problem.

:confused

24. niennumb1

Boy.... I wonder if it has to do with ReedPop's acquisition. Don't they have to release show programming soon??? I'm surprised they wouldn't implement WB into ECCC again. Hasn't this been running for years now?

This transition is supposed to appear seamless, but from what I have seen so far it has been anything, but. Some things are suffering this time around I can tell.

My favorite comments are the ones who say that this will be their last con. Probably true until they change their mind next year...

I don't like the overall whole entertainment lineup as opposed to every year past I have gone, but it won't stop me from going ever.

25. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Oh, noes, sportsball players are invading ECCC?! (just kidding, we have some certified geeks in sports these days)

Seahawks Richard Sherman and Bobby Wagner are going to be at ECCC Thursday to play Call of Duty 3 as part of a tournament.

and still no Writer's Block info.

26. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

27. Saka

Saka New Member

Yeah, ECCC's lineup and special events seem really terrible this year

28. niennumb1

Yeah and another one just cancelled due to a sudden movie production launch start. I think that was pretty crappy to do on the Actress's/Agency's part and not demand they push the date back a few days due to it being 48 hours before comicon. Lousy to do to the fans.

29. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

So, we've got 3 cancellations now... and I only see where two of them have been announced on Facebook: both girls from Supergirl and Jenna Coleman are now cancelled. Oof, this is not good...

30. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

VERY lack luster guests for ECCC and Rose City CC a few months back. Both put on by Reedpoop.
    Oh well. I'll be there for the next four days helping at my buddy's booth.

31. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Rose City is not a ReedPop con. Not yet. I'm sure they'll set their sights on it sooner or later.

A lot of people from ECCC would go down to help out at RCCC, so that's probably what threw you.

32. Darksyde13

Darksyde13 Active Member

Sorry I missed your panel Firesprite! Hope you and anyone else that came had fun. I actually really enjoyed this year. I've been seeing more and more coment about the cancelations but to be honest it is /way/ better that what happened last year. I think the fact that they didn't get replacements has made people forget that a /ton/ of celebs canceled the 2015 show as well as quite a few artists and comic guests.

They expanded the panels for the literary guests which I was super stoked about. The 'Writers block' was (accept for one misprint in the program book) way more organized than last year and autographs were still free, woot. All in all I had a lot of fun and look forward to next year.

33. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

We did, actually! Despite the fact that the panel started just before the floor closed and would end afterward, we were nearly at capacity and we had some really good discussion. The audience was amazing and we actually outlasted the staff because we wanted to make sure everyone who had questions for us got a chance to ask them.

I gotta be honest, I had a near panic attack leaving the house because it's the first time I had gone to an event like this on my own, but the panel more than made up for the fact that going to con solo is really not all that much fun to me. :)