Question Email notification alerts stopped working

I am not getting the email notifications again, for new posts on my watched threads. I didn’t change any settings, all of a sudden I’m just not getting them. Not a big deal, I look at the site every day anyhow. Just wondering if this is a common problem.
Same for me. I was quoted in a thread on Friday that I never received an email for where until then I have been receiving them since Art fixed them a couple of weeks ago.
I'm not getting emails either. But no big deal. I have an obsession with this website! So I'm on here ALL the time!
Are you using gmail?

bill fimm and AJK001, testing to see if you get notification emails from this message. We have been doing a LOT of work behind the scenes on the email system. We have ongoing email issues that have been plaguing us forever. We are trying to resolve it and in the process broke the RPF's email. Please let me know if you are now receiving email notifications.

bill fimm and AJK001, testing to see if you get notification emails from this message. We have been doing a LOT of work behind the scenes on the email system. We have ongoing email issues that have been plaguing us forever. We are trying to resolve it and in the process broke the RPF's email. Please let me know if you are now receiving email notifications.

Hi Art. Yes, I did get the email notification for your quote.

Did you guys change the way threads are highlighted? I've noticed for the last couple of days that the only way you can tell if a thread contains new posts is that the name of the thread is a little bolder where before that it was highlighted so that it was both bolder and brighter.

Thanks

Hi Art. Yes, I did get the email notification for your quote.

Did you guys change the way threads are highlighted? I've noticed for the last couple of days that the only way you can tell if a thread contains new posts is that the name of the thread is a little bolder where before that it was highlighted so that it was both bolder and brighter.

Thanks

Light or dark theme?

I'm using the dark theme.

There was a complaint about links being the same color as text on the dark theme (they were) so we made a slight adjustment to the color of links. That was the only change that was made. Can you show me a screencap of the issue you are having?

There was a complaint about links being the same color as text on the dark theme (they were) so we made a slight adjustment to the color of links. That was the only change that was made. Can you show me a screencap of the issue you are having?

Here you go. The ones I'm talking about are the Black Series Boba Fett Helmet and The OT stunt lightsaber threads. That is what they look like on both of my computers when there are new posts compared to the other threads that don't have any new posts.

1563811918446.png

Here you go. The ones I'm talking about are the Black Series Boba Fett Helmet and The OT stunt lightsaber threads. That is what they look like on both of my computers when there are new posts compared to the other threads that don't have any new posts.

View attachment 1040857
The ones with the new posts are bold and the ones without are normal... that is as it is supposed to be.

The ones with the new posts are bold and the ones without are normal... that is as it is supposed to be.

I do understand it is that way now but it was not that way until last week which is why I asked about it. From the time the dark theme was put in until last week the ones with new posts were both bold and brighter not just bold at least it was that way on both of my computers.

Yes. Got an email notification for being “mentioned in a post”.

I do understand it is that way now but it was not that way until last week which is why I asked about it. From the time the dark theme was put in until last week the ones with new posts were both bold and brighter not just bold at least it was that way on both of my computers.

How about now?

How about now?

It looks a little better. It is bold and a bit brighter. I don't know exactly what the difference was before but it was very hard to figure out what threads had new posts in them but either I'm now used to it or it is actually better.

Honestly, there wasn't a difference in color before. It was only bold. We have only just now introduced a difference in color.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back