Elysium Max Exoskeleton

I wanted to note what someone told me when they saw the harness and heard the issues I had with arms falling or shoulders being too low. There is a tactical riot suit for police that has hard shock-plates. They use belts between parts to hold them aligned, especially on arms and shoulders. See the belt straps from shoulder tips to forearms?

View attachment 1253592

It's actually surprising how much this design is similar to the exosuit - it's just plastic instead of metal and doesn't look as cool. I am going to be converting parts of my harness into this style to make it resilient to tearing and make it more comfortable to wear.
Similar indeed...sometimes you don't have to re-invent the wheel since you have, already, real life stuff that will serve your purpose (y) (y)

Thanks joberg!

signeddiamond, I do love lattes :) My email is listed on my GitHub profile (github.com/01binary), I check that a few times a day so you can hit me up when you're in Portland.

Finally got it to an easily wearable state, just a few wrinkles left to iron out, such as sagging shoulders and chest and back pieces not being totally aligned.

I got a 5-year notification after logging in (I lost my original account 3 years in), so I guess about 8 years after starting this project is pretty much done :lol:

There is a page for this now at 01 Binary - Elysium Exoskeleton (still under construction) so I will be posting any other updates there.

Last notable thing to happen is the shoulder parts broke, despite being cast out of metal (they would have been fine if I didn't decide to drill countersinks). This afforded me the opportunity to re-design those parts to be just like in the movie (originally I thought it was cool to make them custom) and this time I made them super thick and re-cast the 3d prints out of rubber. They still look black and glossy so you can't even tell.

broken-countersink.jpg

replacement-print.jpg

recast-rubber2.jpg

recast-rubber.jpg

all-rubber-parts.jpg

Great vid man:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Would be fun to demonstrate each and every parts moving. It's a bit like body-building; how the triceps work with an up & down motion. Same with biceps, upper chest, back, etc...
Keep up the great work(y)(y)

The requirements are piling on :)
It definitely can use more footage and photographs after so many years, it's just the constant choice between doing more "PR" stuff and actually working on the project. Lately I've been catching up on the PR so I will try to do it more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back