Elysium Exo Skeleton

GealicWolf

1st of thanks for the add and HUGE thanks to 01binary for his help and assistance in my endevour. Jumped into the pool with both feet and started making the ExoSkeleton from Elysium. I started just before Thankgiving and have beeen pretty steady since then. Here's were i stand. Lots of prep work to do now, sanding, fittinf then on to paint. Also working on the chemrail, just no inprogress pics. Its currently being base coted as we speak.....pics to follow.

Attachments

• Chest.jpeg
    Chest.jpeg
    458.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Foot and Knee.jpeg
    Foot and Knee.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Hips.jpeg
    Hips.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Lower Arms.jpeg
    Lower Arms.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Shins.jpeg
    Shins.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Thigh Plate.jpeg
    Thigh Plate.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Spine.jpeg
    Spine.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Shoulders.jpeg
    Shoulders.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Thighs.jpeg
    Thighs.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Upper Arms.jpeg
    Upper Arms.jpeg
    479.6 KB · Views: 173
Thanks!!...I have to admit even with the Covid lockdowns, i have had to put the build on a back burner . Everything is printed and painted except for the pistons. Work has been really rough with alot of Overtime.....but still driving forward. Got to be readyu by Aug for the Convention. Will post updates. Again thanks for the insperation and the help

01binary is certainly the person to go to for that exo-skeleton (y) (y) (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Yours is looking mighty good also. Eager to see your next update:cool::cool::cool:

Painted Pics.......more to follow

Attachments

• ChemRail and Grenade 3.jpeg
    ChemRail and Grenade 3.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 133
  • Calves-Shin.jpg
    Calves-Shin.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 129
  • Chest .jpg
    Chest .jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • Forearms.jpg
    Forearms.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Hands And Feet.jpg
    Hands And Feet.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Head Unit Complete.jpg
    Head Unit Complete.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125
  • Pelvis n Hips.jpg
    Pelvis n Hips.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Spine.jpg
    Spine.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
  • Thighs.jpg
    Thighs.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • Upper Arms.jpg
    Upper Arms.jpg
    815.1 KB · Views: 120
The ChemRail is based off a Nerf gun build I found on YouTube with addons to make it more accurate. Not a perfect solution, but a good standin until I can get a proper ChemRail built. I was planning on modifying an old Digital camera to operate inside the scope, but that's way outside my electronic comfort zone.

Great painting, that really elevates it to "butterflies in the stomach" coolness level. Chemrail looks perfect, I love the tacrail with pill shape holes arranged in triangle pattern on the end, it echoes Beck's cyberpunk style. Maybe that tacrail is some sort of work-around to make the design easier to apply to nerf, but it ended up looking more detailed and exciting than the actual movie rifle.

Damn it seems like forever since I've been able to post. You would think that with all the lockdowns and such, I'd have plenty of time to finish this. No such luck, I think I've pulled like an average 60+ hour week at work. While the paycheck looks great, it doesn't leave much time for anything else. Now that things at work have settled down, I hope to get back into the swing of things and get this finished.

Ok...Rising form the dead....Some more work on this has taken place. Getting the harness put together is an exercise in geometry and planning ahead. Also got to work on the AK encoder and am pleased with how it came out.

Encoder.jpg

Let us know how it goes! I ended up scrapping my harness and using airsoft tactical vest & bottoms because they are designed to be fast & easy to put on and last a long time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back