>>> Elstree Props "Design Our New Logo" Contest <<<

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Richard (leach145), the new owner of Elstree Props has come to us with an idea for a logo design contest exclusively for the members of the RPF. Please refer to the following post for all the details!

Elstree Props "Design Our New Logo" Contest

Welcome to the first Elstree Props RPF competition.

I have recently taken over Elstree Props and so need to give the
logo a face lift. Thats where you come in.

The Business

Elstree Props is mainly a movie memorabilia store. We aim to bring home
a piece of the movies to you. Because we work with industry
professionals in order to bring customers genuine props we also provide
a custom prop making service for personal and professionals alike. We
use industry partners to make props and costume to suite all levels of
the market.

The Challange:

To design a new logo for Elstree Props to appear on the website,
COA's etc. There are no restrictions. Any style, any colours etc.

The rules

1. All entries must be in by 11.59pm GMT on 31st December 2011
2. All images used in the design must be copyright free
3. Entries must be submitted in JPEG format.
4. Have fun

The prize

If you win you will recieve a mystery gift from the stock of Elstree
Props. The prize will be shipped to you free of charge anywhere in the
world. You will also get creditation on our website.

A runner up will also be picked and will recieve a smaller prize

How to Enter

Email your design to rpfcompetition@elstreeprops.com with your real
name and RPF screen name.

Good Luck to All,
Richard

Hi,

Have just checked and now seems okay. As it was only setup yestarday I guess it took the host longer to register than expected.

Cheers
Richard

So, if I am drawing the images, rather than googling and pasting etc, would it be ok to, say, add iconic things like C-3PO, or other such things, or are any images that I draw, still affected by copyright/licensing, if used in your logo? I would hate to spend time designing something if it can't be used because of some Cease and desist order from a Film company...

You can add any image you draw but as you say it must not be a direct character. For instance you could have a robot but not C3P0 or R2 as Lucas will have my ass!

I'm in; sounds like fun!

EDIT: Are you talking about just a graphical logo, i.e. replacing the film reel image, or are you looking for a combination of image and "Elstree Props" text, replacing both the film reel image and the neon-tubes text element?

Also I assume that multiple entries will be accepted from a single submitter? Don't want to run afoul of unwritten rules or anything =0)

I'm in; sounds like fun!

EDIT: Are you talking about just a graphical logo, i.e. replacing the film reel image, or are you looking for a combination of image and "Elstree Props" text, replacing both the film reel image and the neon-tubes text element?

Also I assume that multiple entries will be accepted from a single submitter? Don't want to run afoul of unwritten rules or anything =0)

As long as he wins...:lol .....................JUST KIDDING!!!!!

The design is to replace the neon Elstree logo. The film reel was a standard graphic placed by the web host.

You can enter as many times as you like. The more entries the more chance you have of winning!!!!

I'm not entirely sure, that this "mystery gift" will benefit me, because there are just a few movies and tv shows, that I count among my favourites. But I love it to make logo designs and so I will take part in that contest. :)

Just a few questions: is it really enough to submit the logo in JPEG format? No requirements relating to the dimensions (width and height in pixel)? No vector graphics image needed for printing on paper?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back