Elite Praetorian Guard Weapon WIP - Help?

My favorite new prop from TLJ is this double-vibro-bladed weapon.
EPG VB for RPF.jpg
I haven't really seen anyone working on one, besides me, so I thought I'd post and get the RPF hive mind involved.

I started by scaling it around 60" which is a little smaller than one I saw on Etsy, but, based on hand width, I think it is a bit smaller. I printed a few out at "full size" on a poster printer. I have a PDF of this, if you'd like one.
Praetorian Guard Reference.jpg
Then I used that to cut out templates from foam core. I had to resist the temptation to just paint the templates and call it a day.
Foam Core VB.jpg
I then cut this out of EVA foam mats, a little sanding and glueing left me with this.
EVA EPG VB WIP.jpg
This is three layers of EVA foam, with a pvc pipe inside for stability, as well, I have a union joint at the base, so I can connect two of these. I glued the union in on this side, and I will just trust the snug fit to hold the other side of the weapon in place once finished.

NOW, for the help. The seams are all jagged and poorly aligned. You can't really see from the above photo, but the three layers of foam are very obviously so. I'm wondering, besides using Kwik Seal to fill the seams, before priming and painting, does anyone have any suggestions how to make this look more like a solid piece? I'm not against screwing this to the wall and starting over, either.
Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back