Electronics for the top of my computer gauntlet

Elkman

Sr Member
I've been building some electronics for the top cover of my computer gauntlet. Here's the video. I'm driving the lights with the same Arduino board and MAX7219 driver, but I've arranged the lights differently. There are just two digits, not four, and then there's a spinning bar in the square opening. I also sequenced a set of eight blue LEDs in the long narrow window, and I kept the same blue lights that blink in the triangles.

I'm planning to connect this to the base and drive the existing countdown timer plus the top cover from the same Arduino board. I'll let you know how long the batteries last after driving 82 LEDs all night.

I remember seeing a Hollywood Props video a long while back, in the video they showcased the countdown gauntlet. And from what I remember is was just like this. You pretty well nailed it.

Good work.

Wow, brother, quite impressed with your skills. I must say, my heart kind of jumped when it fell off the workbench; glad nothing happened to it (Though, you're probably happier about that than me, LOL). So, when are you going to start on a working netgun?

I remember our Stickam sessions at night, we'd all be yacking it up & talking or Jason would be painting & Todd was always hard at work on his Gauntlets. Props to ya for nailing that down solid, Todd. It looks awesome as hell. Just don't put no Chiturkey bones on it.

WOW that looks incredible, great work as usual man, I might have to get the guant you made for me upgraded, if you are of coarse gonna be offering one that is, lol

WOW that looks incredible, great work as usual man, I might have to get the guant you made for me upgraded, if you are of coarse gonna be offering one that is, lol
Yep, I was planning to offer more of these. Someone here who bought one of my computer gauntlets asked if I could build the electronics for the computer lid, so I did my own as a test of how much time and effort it would take. Also, now I can have the cool blinking lights without having to open up the gauntlet.

I don't think I'll be doing a working netgun, but I've been thinking about doing the active camouflage body netting using blue electroluminescent wire. I'm thinking of sequencing the wires and flashing them on and off, sort of like the effect in P1 where the Predator came out of the water and there was a bunch of blue flashing on the suit. That project might take a little bit of time, of course.

I don't think I'll be doing a working netgun, but I've been thinking about doing the active camouflage body netting using blue electroluminescent wire. I'm thinking of sequencing the wires and flashing them on and off, sort of like the effect in P1 where the Predator came out of the water and there was a bunch of blue flashing on the suit. That project might take a little bit of time, of course.

Bummer and cool, all at once, LOL.

Also meant to give you a ;) on the Thread's sub-title; cracks me up everytime I see it...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back