Electronic switches.... Need some advice...

Skyler101

Sr Member
Hey Guys...

Just wanted to ask the experts about electronic switches. Am planing to scratch build some blasters out of wood, and would like to put in some LEDS.
I am hoping to look for some sort of spring switch that would reset the trigger when they are released. SOmething like a toggle switch, but once I started looking, I realised that I had no idea what to look for!!!:facepalm

So, what would you recommend. The guns will be heavy, so the triggers will be solid. Just want to find the best part so I can jump into this project.

Links would help if you have them...

Cant wait to show you guys the build... :love

-Skyler101

If I understand what you want to do correctly, you're looking for a momentary switch. These are push button switches with a mechanism (usually a spring) to return the circuit to a default state (usually open circuit).

Here's a link to a very basic switch:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=060-632
060-632_s.jpg

Yeap... Thats what I am after. I have used those before, but I have a feeling that the spring inside that unit will not reset the trigger which I have to fabricate from MDF.

Is there a heavy duty version of that type of switch?

-Skyler101

You can get momentary foot switches, as in, the type of switches that are used in guitar pedals. (Like this one)

M079208P01WL.jpg

They're very rugged, but I have no idea how strong the spring is. They measure roughly 13x13x40mm which should fit in a blaster though

EDIT: The easiest way would probably be to use a simple cheapy push button switch and fit springs to the trigger yourself

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back