Electronic Arts Worst Company In America

They beat out Bank of America. LOL.

The result was gamed, of course, but ouch nonetheless.

I'd vote for lowe's or walmart personally. I did vote for EA as i never had any dealings with Bank of america.

BofA was outdone for a brief period by Washington Mutual. Still a horrible, horrible bank.

Ive had friends that worked at EA years ago yet never heard any horror stories. This all seems based on complaints of games and downloadable content? Hard to say they are the worst company in the US when people line up to buy the product.

EA isn't just the Mass Effect issue, they've got a bad rep within the industry and among fans for buying smaller companies and the quality of the games made by those companies plummets. This has been years in coming.

It's not suprising, I learned early on in my video game playing that if EA was attached to a title, the game was probably going to be terrible. Mass Effect (the most recent EA games I've played) weren't horrible but having only heard good things about them going in, they weren't as good as people claimed. I don't mean to come here and just bash EA, they've put out decent games. I think because of the volume of games that are bad that EA puts their stamp on, the good games get buried and forgotten.

There are a lot of games that EA makes today that I wouldn't touch. When you look at some of the games of the pre-online console era (predating to when they made predominately computer games), while they still had their, shall we say, far less than ethical practices, they still had some of their good games, and there are some company titles that they have more or less kept entirely intact.

An example for me would be the SimCity, and The Sim games. While I haven't tried anything in The Sims line after the first set, they have kept the Maxis name as a reasonably good brand. At least up until they started releasing The Sims 3. But, while I have my own wishes of changes for SimCity 4, they aren't nearly as important to me as they might be. Still, with some of their other titles, I still shy away from very quickly. I do have favorite brands, and EA is near or at the bottom of the list now, even though it wasn't always like that. Heck, the very first Maxis game I played ( and Maxis makes the SimCity games, and technically The Sim lines as well, and is a division of EA now) was SimTower, and for what it was, it was quite good. In today's terms, it's a relatively low budget game, but there is some educational value to it, like there is to the SimCity lines as well.

Again, I tend to shy away from EA games now, but it wasn't always like that.

As much as they are probably right on everything they've said, I HIGHLY doubt they are the "WORST" company of all existing companies.

Like the article says. Don't like it? Vote with your wallet. Better still, spend your money funding Kickstarter projects.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back