Electrical issue: Pulsing LED Strip

jamstraz

I'm fairly certain I know why but I was near sighted and purchased a bunch of 9v 1A DC adapters before I decided I wanted to do lighted model bases. When I connected LED strip lights to them, they don't light up at a lower intensity, they pulse. I think it's due to the low amperage. So it looks like I need more 12v 2A adapters (which I had thought I bought by mistake because one I had had and tested an LED that was manufactured prewired got hot fast) along with a bunch of white led strips.

Am I right or wrong on this?

Increase the amperage, not the voltage. Go with 9v 2a or even more, the circuit will only draw the amperage it needs so you can't do any harm by upping the amps. But increasing voltage can overdrive the LEDs.

ok, at this point I have 6 12v 2A. plus 12 9v 1A. The 12v issue I think can be bypassed using the Darlington arrays I have coming (AT SOME POINT....CHINA>_>...want my stuff dammit) Because what all (or at least most) of my models are going to have are lit bases with those Arduinos (AGAIN CHINA...MY STUFF...WAITING...2 months!so I need to use the LED strips. One way I spend for more 12v and can use the ones I have for the LED strips. The other way I have a bunch of adapters I can't use and the LED strips are rated at 12v as it is.

A 12v or 9v 2A supply will run A LOT of LEDs. I'm using a single 9v 4A supply to run the Jupiter 2 build I'm doing, and it has over 50 LEDs, 8 strips, an arduino board and 2 motors.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back