Elder Sculpt completion

Elder one

My virgin journey in mask making has almost come to an end. I want to throw out a HUGE thanks to Mannowar (Scott) for his herculean efforts, and 18 hours straight, in helping me with my first mold. I had initially thought I would attempt that alone and thank god I didn't. Much appreciated Scott.

I only put a few dreads in to see how the holes lined up, and I threw on a couple of the "Custom" dread rings from Impaitu - another awesome effort - lastly I put in acouple of the toothpicks as quills because.... well honestly I thought they looked cool.

I haven't put put on the mandibles or teeth, because I still need to make a mold for future masks. I expect to give that a shot the first of next week.

THen obviously - Paint.

I was going to wait until it was completely done, but here's a sneak peak.

Clay Form

IMG_3131.jpg.gif

First pour from the mold

IMG_3280.jpg.gif

IMG_3278.jpg.gif

AWESOME!

to say this is your very first attempt at sculpting you have done one hell of a job bro!! you have natural talent there, and the mask looks so damn cool!!!!!
bet ya can't wait to get that badboy done now!!! lookin forward to seein this ugly mutha fugger completed, and top marks to you and that freakin cool mask dude!!

that looks very nice
i dont know if you are the first to do this or i just havent noticed but i really like the quill soul patch on the chin lol
and the small horns look AWESOME

Someone say my name??? OHHHH... sorry... just awakened from sleep after my 18 hour Herculean effort :)

I'm just glad it turned out... It would be a real drag to have to charge you 8 hours at straight time, 4 hours at time and a half, then another 6 hours of double time for something that didn't quite work as we'd hoped! Invoice is the mail! At least Chase was able to catch up on some sleep while we worked!!!

In all seriousness, for as long a day as it was, and trust me, it was LOOOONNNNGGGG, I actually had a lot of fun with you guys, really enjoyed the company and even learned a thing or two... Probably first and foremost, is that if I can land a good government job, I can basically spend all day on the Lair like Dave I'm just sayin'...

Secondly, Dave really needs to carry his KMart glasses with him at all times! I explained to Dave that when we get the tiny little air bubbles in our splash coat, just do a quick, sharp blow on them to burst them. Apperantly, all the tiny air bubbles in the plaster seemed to only be on my side of the mold... Dave was pretty curious as to why I was constantly blowing at air bubbles (and I was a bit curious as to why he was NOT) until he finally put on a pair of glasses I had there... His reaction was something along the lines of "Oh ****" as he was now able to actually SEE the air bubbles on his side of the mold and immediately began blowing... I seriously just about pissed myself laughing when it happened and it's still putting a GIANT smile on my face even as I write this. And we CERTAINLY learned out lesson about Hydrocal didn't we! I was actually starting to get a bit concerned with all the craziness we were having with our Hydrocal mixes, that something might not be right in the end. One mix takes 20 minutes to set up, then next batch, mixed the same way, same mix, same water temp, practically sets up in the bucket while we're carrying it to the table.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment, but it's always nice to put a face with the name and I've got a new friend out of the deal as well (or at least until he receives my invoice), so the fact that the mold turned out was just icing on the cake for me. Oh, and by the way, it looks bitchin'!

Hey, you should just take that baby to work with you and paint it up right there in the office instead of playing around on the internet all day long :)

Hey now....in all fairness, I needed to sleep. I had to be at work at 7am, and when 1am rolled around, I said "I'm sleepin in the car."

The mask turned out great! It looks mean as hell. You did one hell of a job for your first attempt. Look forward to seeing it in person at Con. Cheers man!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back