Elder Bio W.I.P

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JBReplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was fortunate enough to pick up a copy of Uratz's Elder Bio helmet, I eventually plan on making an entire custom Elder suit but in the meantime I thought I would document my build and paint-up of this bio, I am not 100% certain on a colour scheme but I'm thinking I would like it to appear really beaten up and worn, obviously its an Elder so its bound to have seen a fair bit of action, I will probably add a few gouges and scratches here and there to add to the look, here is the helmet rough trimmed and primered to show any spots that need a spot of filer, one thing about this helmet is it is HEAVY!! very solid construction, I will be attempting to shave off any excess material to make it light enough to wear comfortably, hope you enjoy my progress, as always comments and suggestions are welcome

Image009_5.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JBReplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok here's a small update, this is by no means the definite finished colour and I know I need to get shots of it in daylight to get a true representation of the shade but heres where I am at the moment, after trimming the helmet I laid down a few light coats of primer and then went back and hit it with 2 coats of flat black, this forms the base coat when I paint bios, next step was to add some Tamiya Dark Bronze, I dabbed this on the 'front' section of the mask, basically the areas that are smooth as opposed to the hammered metal areas, I applied the bronze lightly with a sponge in a patchy fashion, next up I went at it with Tamiya Gold, again a very light sponging, this was done over the course of the afternoon and in 3 layers to gradually build up the colour, lastly I added some dark weathering with pastels. Again this is not definitely the final colour and I will put up some daylight shots tomorrow, let me know your thoughts/comments, stay tuned for more

Image017_1.jpg

Image016.jpg

hez1

Looking pretty good so far. Don't get too hung up on how it looks in daylight. Unless you're displaying it next to a window it doesn't really matter.

JBReplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I tend to find that photos taken in daylight better convey the colours and weathering used, at least in my case I added some of the damage I mentioned in my original post, a few scrapes and gouges here and there and mainly this large 'dent' I put in as sort of an homage to Boba Fett, again there is a bit more weathering to do but here she is as of 5 minutes ago

Image019_1.jpg

Image020_1.jpg

Cúchulainn

Wow, I've just read Uratz's Huntorial on how he brilliantly sculpted and cast this bio and then to see an equally brilliant weathering and paintjob by yourself is just fantastic. Great stuff!

This is definitely the bio style I'll be going for 'when' I do mine.

JBReplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank you for all your kinds comments, I have loved working on this bio and as of now I am calling the painting stage finished, here are 2 final colouring pictures, I eventually settled on a 2 tone gold/silver heavily weathered look, I hope you all like it, personally I love it!! The 2nd of the pictures shows the bio mounted on my P1 undermask, as you can see its a damn good fit!!! I am excited to take this design further and may actually put my Wolf on hold for a little while! Hope you like

Image021_2.jpg

Image028_1.jpg

Uratz

Sr Member
Dang, I must admit the paint job is better than I could've done. You brought my sculpt to life!!! Thanks Bro.
The weathering looks really good. Better than any movie prop.