Eh.. Skirmish batman?

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Vsim, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Vsim

Vsim New Member

This might belong to DC Section
    Oh well

So, in a few weeks i will go to a Boffer- Convention which includes about 700 'Warriors'
    And i thought, i need something that helps me to stand out from the mainstream.
    Altho, i am part of a 'Empire' That includes 50 fighters, and uses Legionish shield tactics, but i've realised that it just doesnt work for me.
    So, i will be part of a skirmish group. And we will run. A lot.
    Well, i saw earlier this week a fan-art pic of batman. MedievalBatmanAssasin.jpg
    I do not know who's is it, but it's quite cool.
    I will not try to excalty replicate this, but i thought it might be a cool addition to my gear, if i made the hood, the cape, and tose skirt's- with a small addition to the skirts, as i need a place for arrows, bow, and two swords. Any ideas how to make this to come to life are welcome!
    Oh and also
    AssAssSins.jpg
    i thought this was cool also, (I think its from assassins creed?) So i might take some parts of this to my 'Build'

And yea if you have any other this 'style' of stuff already in templates or tutorials, would highly appreciate it!

2. Vsim

Vsim New Member

Oh, what i forgot to mention is, i also need some kind of boots.
    Propably i'll just make some kind of shins and mount them over my marineboots (If that is the correct word for them.)

3. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Well-Known Member

This sounds pretty awesome. That pic is from Assassin's Creed Unity by the way, it's called the medieval armor if you want to search for better pics. As for boots I would try this site http://www.exotichighheels.com/mecobo.html. Hope I helped, and can't wait to see your build.

4. Vsim

Vsim New Member

Thanks cap!
    Regarding the boots, i'll just stick with my current one's. Alltho, i will use chaps (That are originally ment to be used while riding horses), as they give 1+ Hit point.

I just sewed together the hood and the shirt i will be using, and cut out a skirt (Skirt for the lammellar, which covers the legs in the reference picture)
    After i've painted it, i will upload progress pictures.

5. Captain Rogers

I can't wait to see the pics.

6. Vsim

Vsim New Member

I'm going to put this build on 'Hold', as for our sewing-machine got somehow broken. :/

7. Captain Rogers

I've had the same situation before, and it sucks. I hope things work out for you.

8. Vsim

Vsim New Member

Aha! The show must go on!

Well, we still dont have sewing machine.
    But i found this
    [​IMG]

It cost's 'bout 10 - 20 euros, so its affordable. I think i could dye this to black / dark-blue and use this? We'll see.

9. Captain Rogers

Nice find. That sounds like it would work nicely.

10. Vsim

Vsim New Member

Well, the 'Snow cape' Came in the mail today, and is now[​IMG] waiting to be dyed. I will get some steel for the spoulder part, and start doing it once i get more freetime.