EFX's TOS Battlestar Galactica Viper helmet???

eFX is awesome.

Congrats to them, and to all who got one of these. They look perfect! Blemish shmimish, the originals weren't carbon copies either.

Can't wait for my Vader...

Can't wait!!!

As promised, here are my unboxing photos.

IMG_9895%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

IMG_9896%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

IMG_9901%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

IMG_9904%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

IMG_9907%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

IMG_9910%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

IMG_9911%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I received my Viper helmet today and I'm very impressed with it. It feels like an actual piece of military equipment and not a prop at all. Its a bit of a tight fit, but it does fit on my large head. The only problem I had was that the plaque that was supposed to have two signatures on it only had Richard Hatch's and not Dirk Benedict's. I got it through RedFordFilms, so they are going to look into it.

Last edited:
The only problem I had was that the plaque that was supposed to have two signatures on it only had Richard Hatch's and not Dirk Benedict's. I got it through RedFordFilms, so they are going to look into it.

ha ha, In the world of coin collecting that would make it MORE valuable (flaws in production)

Just ordered mine last week. I think I read somewhere the next batch is shipping in April/May.

I'll admit a nitpick I have with this helm is that the covers for the lights are clear and not frosted like the original ones. Why did they make it so great then not do those correctly?

Last edited:
RedFord films has a 20% off sale putting this helmet at $479. A good deal if you're in the market.

I wish that were true, but... It says

"Save an extra 20% on all IN stock Items"

wait a sec....it says on their site...ships in 1-2 days.
maybe they have an allotment of them already?

you'd get it cheaper and now......already put my deposit down at eFX...damn.

Last edited:
I finally got around to taking a few pics of mine. I'm not going to brag about my photography skills. The plaque is a little blurry, but you can see the missing signature. If you're a BSG fan, I highly recommend this item. I've got a Kropserkel Cylon helmet that is hopefully shipping in a couple of weeks. This ought to look good paired up with it.

Agggh, these gorgeous unboxing shots have seduced me, just ordered one. AND I've been looking at glossy black mannequin heads, very Egyptian looking, quite fitting. I'm so easily influenced.

QUESTION: looking at the original hero prop in the "profiles in history" auction listing, the gold crest seems to have had a brown wash "antique" effect that I really like. Is there a non-destructive way to add this effect that can be wiped off later, so as not to permenantly alter the replica?

You won't regret your purchase. Its an awesome piece.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't add anything to the crest. It looks great the way it is.

Could one of you lucky owners please tell me the height and width of the helmet?

I'm trying to choose a mannaquin on eBay to display the helmet when it arrives, and so I'm doing a scale comp in photoshop to see how various models look.

Thanks.

Its 12" wide at its widest point and around 11.5" high. These are the measurements of the outside of the helmet, which is what I assume you wanted.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back