eFX vader and muppets

chalback

Sr Member
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew what's going on with eFX vader helmet and anything from there muppet line... It's been a long time since iv seen a newsletter from these guys an also the website is so out of date, can anyone shed some light over here?

No definitive ship date on the vader helmet, but based on the last samples we received from China we are getting very close to to an approved sample. Once we get a sample that we are completely satisfied with, it will be full steam ahead.

As far as the muppet line goes, from what I understand there were issues sourcing a factory that could produce these at the quality/cost necessary to make everything work.

No definitive ship date on the vader helmet, but based on the last samples we received from China we are getting very close to to an approved sample. Once we get a sample that we are completely satisfied with, it will be full steam ahead.

As far as the muppet line goes, from what I understand there were issues sourcing a factory that could produce these at the quality/cost necessary to make everything work.

Thanks for the update Gino ;)

Let me clarify. It's one thing to have a soft shipping date when I haven't paid for anything (in which case I don't really care if it EVER ships).
It has been my impression that when you place an order with EFX you pay now and you'll get it...when you get it.
Am I wrong?

Don't know about the Vader helmet but I only put down a deposit on my BSG Helmet.

In short I trust Efx.

As far as the Muppets go I think that has sadly been put to rest. :(

Seriously Bro, we get it. :rolleyes

Every Efx thread has you posting this.

We know you wil never buy anything from them so please go wave your cane at someone else! :lol

This is precisley the reason I will never buy anything from efx.

Let me clarify. It's one thing to have a soft shipping date when I haven't paid for anything (in which case I don't really care if it EVER ships).
It has been my impression that when you place an order with EFX you pay now and you'll get it...when you get it.
Am I wrong?

I know people have been waiting an extreme amount of time for the BSG helmet and the Vader (which from what I uderstand, payments were being taken at C5) and I also understand that eFX may have needed those payments to fund the entire project but it is really a long time to make customers wait for a product.

The BSG Helmet was in the works for I think 3 years, they took a deposit for it this October with shipping in December, which imo will ship by March.

Not really a long time

In my talks with Brian he really wanted to get the helmet right and finally got the person who made them for the Series involved.

It's been said that Brian is really passionate about these things and he is, he sounded like another fan-boy on the phone when I talked with him and that's a good thing! :thumbsup

Of course sometimes these things take time, and with the economy the way it is, and the business climate in China, I know it is extremely difficult to do these runs

I know people have been waiting an extreme amount of time for the BSG helmet and the Vader (which from what I uderstand, payments were being taken at C5) and I also understand that eFX may have needed those payments to fund the entire project but it is really a long time to make customers wait for a product.

Of course these things take time and I understand that. It's a tough business because the product has to be SO specific and SO accurate that it can be hard getting a manufacturer to care enough to make each one as good as an individual artist would.
I have a friend getting the Legend Vader, so I look forward to seeing it in person.

Seriously Bro, we get it. :rolleyes

Every Efx thread has you posting this.

We know you wil never buy anything from them so please go wave your cane at someone else! :lol

Ooooohhhhhh, I see. You'd rather I didn't post up my dissatisfaction with a company who takes money and gives no firm delivery dates. Oh because that's how every company should do business, right?
I just want to make sure people know what they're getting into before they put down their hard earned money. If you're comfortable doing that, more power to you. Me, I can post my opinion wherever I wish, thank you very much.
Psst...I'm going to continue to do so as well. :rolleyes

Now, now I'm just trying to save you some face here.

Seriously Dude you know you have been schooled on some of the other threads, and I am not going to post them for you, but you have and you have backed down.

You know full well Efx has never taken money in full on all their offerings and never given a due date.

People get it Bro with a little research they can find out whats up without you sounding like a spurned ex on every Efx thread that pops up but hey if thats your bag more power to ya!

Ooooohhhhhh, I see. You'd rather I didn't post up my dissatisfaction with a company who takes money and gives no firm delivery dates. Oh because that's how every company should do business, right?
I just want to make sure people know what they're getting into before they put down their hard earned money. If you're comfortable doing that, more power to you. Me, I can post my opinion wherever I wish, thank you very much.
Psst...I'm going to continue to do so as well. :rolleyes

Now, now I'm just trying to save you some face here.

Seriously Dude you know you have been schooled on some of the other threads, and I am not going to post them for you, but you have and you have backed down.

That's laughable at best. Show me where I have been "schooled". I DARE you.
The only thread That even comes close was the one where I was mistaken (and clearly admittedly so...I stand by my mistakes) was the one where I failed to see all of the details of the BSG helmet on the efx site because I failed to click the proper tab. I was wrong I admitted it and we all had a good laugh. Cool. But that has nothing to do with my standing problem with a company who takes money and gives no delivery date.

I also enjoy your very carefully crafted sentance here:
"You know full well Efx has never taken money in full on all their offerings and never given a due date."

:lol

How about telling me when they have taken money and have given no delivery date.

Give me one example of them taking money and not giving out a delivery date.

One.

:lol You know you are their biggest "secret" customer any way who has probably ordered one of everything and just gets pissed when they miss their delivery date! :lol

That's laughable at best. Show me where I have been "schooled". I DARE you.
The only thread That even comes close was the one where I was mistaken (and clearly admittedly so...I stand by my mistakes) was the one where I failed to see all of the details of the BSG helmet on the efx site because I failed to click the proper tab. I was wrong I admitted it and we all had a good laugh. Cool. But that has nothing to do with my standing problem with a company who takes money and gives no delivery date.

I also enjoy your very carefully crafted sentance here:
"You know full well Efx has never taken money in full on all their offerings and never given a due date."

:lol

How about telling me when they have taken money and have given no delivery date.

Give me one example of them taking money and not giving out a delivery date.

One.

:lol You know you are their biggest "secret" customer any way who has probably ordered one of everything and just gets pissed when they miss their delivery date! :lol

:lol Okay, let's get something straight, pal. If that were true I would never admit it! :lol
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that their stuff sucks or they have lousy customer service. I'm just saying if someone wants money in advance for a product and they promise it will be here on Friday, it better be here on Friday. I'm also not some heartless ogre. If item is promised by Friday and there is a delay just let me know BEFORE Friday and give me another expected delivery date (which had better be REAL close to Friday). Now if THAT date is missed, I'm raising Kane.
Apollo, you know I have no beef with you personally. You are just a more forgiving soul than I. :)

No body screams 'WHERES MY PROP!" louder than me when a dates been missed trust me!

You just confirmed what I already knew, that you would not miss out on all of their cool stuff! :D

:lol Okay, let's get something straight, pal. If that were true I would never admit it! :lol
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that their stuff sucks or they have lousy customer service. I'm just saying if someone wants money in advance for a product and they promise it will be here on Friday, it better be here on Friday. I'm also not some heartless ogre. If item is promised by Friday and there is a delay just let me know BEFORE Friday and give me another expected delivery date (which had better be REAL close to Friday). Now if THAT date is missed, I'm raising Kane.
Apollo, you know I have no beef with you personally. You are just a more forgiving soul than I. :)

eFX isn't that big a company and the licensing fees going to LFL are not trivial. It wouldn't be a viable business plan if they forked out all the production costs ahead of time hoping that those who agreed to buy a helmet would actually pay for it. Having people put down deposits ensures that the production is worthwhile and that they will actually sell.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back