EFX Star Deystroyer for $16,000

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Aldo The Apache, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Aldo The Apache

Aldo The Apache Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. Darth Fetty

Darth Fetty Well-Known Member

Does it come with a ten-year/100,000 mile warranty?

4. Aldo The Apache

Aldo The Apache Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

5. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

My thought exactly when I saw a few people on Rebelscum drooling and ready to throw their money at EFX for this.

Aldo The Apache likes this.
  6. BlandoCalrssian

BlandoCalrssian Member

To be fair, even the guys at Rebel scum are ripping this apart

7. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

8. jkno

jkno Master Member

I already said it in the other thread: do you want EFX to hold onto your money for decades, only to release from time to time announcements telling about various delays? Then throw your money on an EFX Star Destroyer!!

9. gizmo

gizmo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. Jamesfett

Jamesfett Active Member

8k is down payment. Then it explains options for you to pay off. .

11. jkno

jkno Master Member

For $16000 this Star Destroyer should fly by itself, release TIE Fighters and drop AT-AT's, have a barge full of Twi-lek dancers, and blue milk dispensers ...

12. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

We must look..what is realistic.
    First this is a big prop and its handmade.Not in China.So a higher price is ok.
    But will they spent really so much time and love in it like build from a privat modelmaker.I say no.
    So it is only a big handmade replica with a medium paintjob and lights inside at the end.So is it worth so much money?Never.
    I think 6000$ is the highest price I would pay for this.

And the other question...who is so crazy sending EFX 8000$?

"$8,000 deposit at pre-order. $4,000 when your model is approximately 30 days from shipping. $4,000 when your model is ready to ship.":D

Is silicon,resin,some aluminium and lamps so expensive that you need 8000$!!! Deposit to start with one of these ships?:rolleyes:

13. Tan Djarka

Tan Djarka Sr Member

If it was the 8 footer, came with a scaled Falcon, Tantive IV, and Imperial Shuttle, maybe... But this? And with their established track record? Nope.

14. Jamesfett

Jamesfett Active Member

I am still waiting on that kit and the Falcon 5' kit.

I got a lot of info from one of our members who is building the 5 footer and after him sharing lots of info about time and cost I simply scratched that build of my list. Short of a kit I won't have a 5' Falcon in my collection or an 8' Star Destroyer.

I think there is a killing to be made if someone actually made a kit for either of those but it has not happened so far.

Everytime I think EFX can't sink lower they do.

Where is that Boba Fett helmet. Gino cast it when they announced it and it's the simplest main character helmet in Star Wars. Where is the Hero Stormy suit, again cast by Gino, and the Hero Stormy helmet? What happened to those???????????????????????????

15. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

Agree with you that it'd be nice to have more SS available. Something along the lines of DeAgo would be great where the modeler has to put it together and paint would lower costs.

Concerning the Stormy suit; at this point you're better off going with RS.

16. Jamesfett

Jamesfett Active Member

Yeah I hoped Deagostini would offer a 5ft Falcon or 8ft S.D. but realistically I think those will only be for the ones insane (in a good way) to take it on. I was utterly shocked at what has gone into the few in progress 5' Falcons there are.

17. Walter

Walter Sr Member

Everyone belly-aches over the pricing of a really high quality piece. You don't like the price? Clearly you are not their customer. If you want to build it so badly, the resources are here on the RPF to build one from scratch, but I am sure the guys who have done it will tell you that they spent a ton of sweat equity in making it a reality that may even far exceed the eFX asking price.

AJK001 and Aldo The Apache like this.
  18. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

I think you can find a really talented "spaceshipguy" who can build you 2 of them for 16000$.;)

19. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

I think they make this extreme expensive offer because they need lots of money and that very fast.How much helmets and other stuff you must sell for 8000$?
    Its not only Star Wars...same Game with the Marvel props.The Ironmanhelmet is a preorder for years.

20. Jamesfett

Jamesfett Active Member

Randy Cooper new 42" version. $3,500 fully built:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140155

Solos blaster likes this.