EFX PCR Storntrooper Helmet or Anovos stormtrooper Kit

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by kursosawa, Aug 5, 2015.

1. kursosawa

kursosawa Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Guys and Gals. I am extremely torn. I am debating between the completed EFX Precision Cast Storm Trooper helmet or the Anovos Kit. Any suggestions/feedback would be immensely helpful in this decision. I can get either one for $160 so I really am quite torn.

2. eifion

eifion Well-Known Member

I'd buy the Anovos kit because it actually looks like a Stormtrooper.

The eFX looks awful imo, it's obviously mirrored from one side and looks too narrow, the thick ear pieces are way off and it has seam lines running down the sides. Heck I'd buy a Ainsworth battle spec helmet before a eFX PCR, which says it all really.

3. Yorkie Fett

Yorkie Fett Well-Known Member

It's a no brainer:
    Efx- not particularly accurate (work required to 'mend' it).
    Anovos- accurate (or at least very nearly).

4. matty matt

matty matt Sr Member

Go with the Anovos kit for sure. I have a MRCE helmet which is the same thing as the eFX. It's got a lot of problems. You can fix some of them with a lot of mods, but it's really not worth it if you're concerned with accuracy at all. Here's mine before and after completely stripping it down and redoing everything. I like it better now but it's never going to be great.

[​IMG]

Get the Anovos. :thumbsup

Treadwell and BobasBounty like this.
  5. BobasBounty

BobasBounty Well-Known Member

If it is a choice between the EFX PCR and the Anovos bucket I would go with the Anovos any day (from what I have seen so far). Matty did a fantastic job modifying his MRCE but it will never be accurate.

6. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

Holy cow! I've got that MRCE & I can't believe that's the same lid. Amazing! That looks so freaking cool.

7. kursosawa

kursosawa Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks a bunch everyone. I'll be going with the anovos kit. Cheers!