EFX PCR boba helmet

Great review. It never ceases to amaze me that all of the people out there have done so much meticulous analysis of these props that we could know, "this spot is missing silver," and other such minor details. It really goes to show the dedication of the people in forums like this.
Clearly he is a Fett fan looking at all the memorabilia in the room and he knows his subject. The table he had it on was interesting as well

Seems like it right? The boat landed in CA on the 2nd. BBTS is in WI I believe so nearly two weeks. Bait is in CA so they took delivery first I guess.

I would imagine that EFX is fulfilling their own orders first. The real question is how many units did they receive in this first shipment? (I would hope a **** ton)

Sideshow still has an estimated arrival of January 2020 - February 2020 and I believe that they also ship from CA

I have been waiting since 1983!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You haven't been waiting since 1980? Since, ya know... this is the ESB version? ;)

1579047190429.png

Meanwhile, I check my preorder at BBTS and it now says expected Feb 2020 and they opened up preoeders again after being listed as sold out for the last week or so.
I'm not sure what to think.
I wish I could cancel my order and get my deposit back and gi with someone else.
I just received notification from sideshow that the Boba Fett helmet has shipped.

Called BBTS and they have no idea, only that they won't be refunding the deposit unless EFX fails to deliver. They can continue to push back the dates. Only hope is that they get them eventually or that I can take it up with Visa.

My question is: How can they start taking pre orders again if they haven't gotten any updates from EFX? Hmm...

I had the same conversation with BBTS today too and to be honest, I'm a little ticked. I know I am just being impatient, but I feel like if I wait forever and they don't deliver they get to just say oh well and then I have no helmet.

Called BBTS and they have no idea, only that they won't be refunding the deposit unless EFX fails to deliver. They can continue to push back the dates. Only hope is that they get them eventually or that I can take it up with Visa.

My question is: How can they start taking pre orders again if they haven't gotten any updates from EFX? Hmm...

After following this thread, I decided to pull the trigger and order one directly from EFX. I ordered last Friday, January 10th, and the helmet was delivered to me in New Jersey this Tuesday, January 14th. Not a bad experience for a first time order from their site.

As far as the piece itself, both the paint app and the overall “presence” of the helmet are definitely more striking in person. It’s been said a few times, but the weight is surprising considering the materials used. I don’t really find the brow gap noticeable except maybe where it arches around the metal ears. Without this thread fixating on it, I’m not sure the gap would have even really registered to me. Maybe I’m too lenient, but for me it’s not nearly severe enough to detract from the piece (especially as a display item).

All in all, I would say this helmet is well worth the price. I always wanted an ESB Boba for display purposes, and was resigned to eventually having to pay a lot more for a custom build or some future high-end release. This helmet gives me exactly what I wanted for less than $400.

Spoke with Sideshow and they are receiving and shipping in waves and looks like they are waiting for the next wave just FYI.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back