eFX Iron Man helmet question

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Rbeato, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Rbeato

Rbeato Sr Member

Hello all. Been a while since I've been on the rpf so I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or not.
    im just wondering if anyone knows if EFX has plans on doing a new Ironman helmet based on the new suit from Age Of Ultron. Sadly I missed the Avengers helmet (still kicking myself to this day) if not EFX any other companies doing a worthy replica?

2. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They never actually released the Avengers helmet. So far they've only done Thor's hammer, and Cap's shield (and Thor's helmet, but that wasn't from Avengers)

There aren't any public plans yet for any 1:1 scale helmets right now, but there are several members here that offer them

3. Rbeato

Rbeato Sr Member

Just noticed all the members selling them. I may go this route. Wasn't aware they never made the avengers one. Maybe I was thinking of the one from iron man 1. Also seeing a lot of these pepakura ones and may try to make one myself.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  4. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

eFX never released an IM helmet, you might be thinking of the Avengers prototype they displayed for several years but ended being vaporware. They also had a 3D printed unpainted prototype of the Mk42 helmet (basically the same as the 43) on display last year but that hasn't gone anywhere either.

5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Member

Its frustrating that they either take so long or abandon projects. Had I known that the IM helmet would take so long I would have gotten the eFX Thor Hammer. Now the only option to get the hammer is on eBay for $1600 :(

If anybody is going to Wondercon in Anaheim, CA this weekend could someone stop by the eFX both and ask about the status of this is and whats the hold up?

6. Rbeato

Rbeato Sr Member

Just realized I was thinking of the Windlass studios helmet.