eFX "in development" lightsabers--what's coming?

jediscout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone here have verified info on upcoming lightsaber projects from eFX?

Where do you guys get your info about current eFX projects? I'd like to be in the loop--signed up for the newsletter a while ago, but never get updates: the website appears defunct.

I'm keen about the Orgus lightsaber--and if that's really going to be offered to the public--and what a realistic ETA may be. But as a saber collector, I'm interested in any licensed offerings so I can plan what to save for and what to bypass.

Thanks for the help, guys.

I get most my info from collector sites like rebelscum.com, yakface.com, theforce.net etc... Usually they report the latest news based on the interviews at events like Toy Fair, SDCC, SWCVI.

For example: TheForce.Net - Latest News - Celebration VI: Star Wars Collectibles Update

eFX followed and forthcoming products included Starkiller's lightsaber, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan Kenobi reveal lightsabers, a Legend Edition of Darth Maul's lightsaber taken from the moulds used in The Phantom Menace, and also the Return of the Mini .45 scaled lightsabers. Unlike the orignal Master Replicas versions however, these would feature electronics and light-up blades. The remaining products to come from eFX in the foreseeable future, that were shown, were the Biker Scout helmet, which uses the moulds from the original, a Yoda puppet, and a Slave I FX model.

Release dates seem to always be a question.

So aside from the sites MJF posted, just keep an ear to the ground? Who usually has info about imminent prop launches from eFX? Is there a 'best' site to check? I have a knack for finding out about things after-the-fact.

I get most my info from collector sites like rebelscum.com, yakface.com, theforce.net etc...

What is also good about monitoring these sites is that they will post alerts to pre-order dates and when the ordering goes live. The info about the pre-order dates are often from an email that efx sends out if you have asked to be contacted about new items or a particular item. However there is always the chance you got a new email address, do not check your email often, have a active junk mail filter, etc...

eFx and these collector sites also have facebook pages. However if you do not want a lot of posts about all different types of SW colllectibles, you may only want to limit yourself to eFx's facebook page. They tend to be a little more active on Fb than they are about updating their website.

Efx Collectibles | Facebook

Awesome. Thanks.

So confirmed 'in development' are:

1. Starkiller lightsaber
2. Master Orgus with light up/electronic (??) feature
3. Darth Vader reveal
4. Obi-Wan Kenobi reveal
5. Darth Maul legend edition

Mid/late 2013 seems reasonable for a couple of these.

* personally, reveal sabers and the Starkiller don't do much for me, I'm more interested in 'new' entries or Legend versions.

Having said that, it would be neat to see a reworked Exar Kun lightsaber.

I am not sure about the Vader reveal that was in the write-up. They have been showing a Luke (ANH) reveal, so I wonder if it is a mistake or that there is a Vader coming but forgot to mention the Luke.

Rebelscum.com: Star Wars Celebration VI Coverage

Are they going to sell a Master Orgus saber? I thought they only produced them in a limited number for people who worked on the game (so that they could turn around a list them for $3000 on eBay).

Read on (I think) Rebelscum that an Orgus is in development--slightly different from Bioware employee gift: this one would have a plain base, unlike the current Bioware version, and would have some kind of 'light up' or electronic feature. I hope this is true. That Orgus is really unique and pretty.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but thought I'd see if there is any NEW news about lightsaber builds in development, etc?

Good luck.............................If you need customer service from eFx. Always buy from a company like Redford that allows you to return the eFx item to them and not eFx direct. Efx is very hard to contact and they probably will not return any emails. :confused

Oh, I didn't realize they had become so unreliable. That's too bad. I know they dropped the Star Trek license - never did anything with it. They had a lot of items in development but then just dropped it. Huge disappointment. Are they on course for dumping the Star Wars license as well?

I had a talk with Bryan, the owner of EFX, a little while ago and he was great help to me and great fun to talk to. In just a 15 minute conversation I got a glimpse of what he deals with.

My only complaint ever with EFX was a lack of updates, website way out of date, etc. I still think they could do a better job of that but after dealing with Brian directly I understand more and I say,..cut EFX some slack.

Who in their right mind would offer a flawed, wonky product that purposely has a bad, uneven finish and would look like a very poor quality item to anyone normal. Yes I mean the Vader and wasn't it very cool that EFX offered that incredible item for those who desired it. You guys have no idea the grief that thing created for EFX.

Bryan returned my emails and went out of his way to help me and I am not well known or anything. He just helped to be a good buisness owner.

He shared a few stories with me, and all I can say is wow. Responding to every post (where people get so mad he does not respond to every post on every forum) would be a full time job. A lot of people are angling to get free stuff, extra replacement parts for free when they don't need them, etc. Personally I would rather him be getting these things built than on the forums all day.

I do agree that they need to get a better update system. I think no news so nothing to report is not a good way to go with us lunatics. But overall EFX has done incredible pieces that many thought would never happen.

Guys we are getting a Stormtrooper helmet made from a perfect condition Hero. Amazing and people are complaining about the material.

We are getting a Biker Scout Helmet made from the Lucasfilm mold. OMG, hello!!!

EFX is not perfect. They should not have announced the Legend line would be in the same material if they were not sure they could do it but hello, actual mold used to create this new B.S. helmet. A cast directly from a Hero stormy helmet. Pretty darn cool people.

I considered myself a good efx customer, owning four of their helmets as well as the Avengers Trading Cards. I had every intention of continuing to buy from them and eagerly awaited the Stormtrooper, McQuarrie Stormtrooper, Biker Scout, CA Helmet, Iron Man Helmet, and CA Shield.

Unfortunately, I was one of the many whose Legend Vader arrived with the paint rub. The replacement dome had the magnets aligned differently so it did not sit right on the mask. I emailed efx many times since October to see what should/could be done but never received a response. I eventually stopped writing them, felt like giving up and, for all intents and purposes, had thrown in the towel.

Jameth1971, your post has inspired me to try again to reach them, to give them yet another chance to try and win me back. I certainly hope they succeed and I'd like to help get them there. My fingers are crossed that I'll hear back from them this time.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back