EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Just wanted to share my pcr helmet that I just picked up. Here’s a group shot��
586F5375-212B-4918-A530-CD6F8334DB61.jpeg

From left to right PCR ANH , don post copy with jmc ESB dome, rare Celtic Touch ROTJ. I have a couple more helmets. But these are the easiest ones to take out of the display

They all look great. I always enjoy seeing different versions of Vader's helmet together. It's a great way to see the intricate differences between them. Thanks for sharing!

Looking at mine again, mine is metal. I don't know why I just always assumed it was plastic. Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand how a helmet being light is a down side to these helmets. I'm not singling you're comment out, but I've seen it a lot from others in the topic. I guess it being light makes it seem cheap to some? To me it makes it far more practical and comfortable to wear and is a huge plus :)

I scored one of these on amazon recently, and for the price its fantastic. Its beyond me why efx isnt pounding out other injection molded helmets like this to pad out their inventory, considering how much trouble they seem to be having getting certain fiberglass helmets out the door.

IMG_1051.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    693.3 KB · Views: 332
The overall paint job for the special edition is actually really good.
For those few who have an issue with the way the c-scar turned out, it would be so much easier to fine tune that tiny area to your personal taste than it would be to paint up an entire regular edition from the ground up.
That to me makes the most sense.

I know this is an old post from you Gino but I feel this needs to be addressed.

The SE versions are plain jane and not weathered ATALL. The only thing they have is the brush strokes. It looks just as clean as the standard version. There is no crazy mess of gunmetal on the black areas and no light dry brushing from the gunmetal too. The lines between the two colors are clean and sharp and the black is smooth as hell.

I would say it is better to get the standard version and just paint over the gunmetal to get the weathered messy look and have all of the chipped areas where the gunmetal scrapped off too. It is better that way as the SE version is now gone and knowing the company's rep it wont be back anytime soon.

I plan on modding my helmet the same way, brush on gun metal make it actually look weathered and add in the paint chips like on the neck and forehead. While im at it I may fill in some of the gaps made by the separated tubes.

The helmet sure is nice and I love it. In my opinion it is far more accurate then a lot of expensive fan made fiberglass version. It may be cleaned up but it still retains some of the look seen in ANH that I feel are not present in a lot of Fan made versions that cost way more.

I would rank this helmet over:
Quasimodo
Darth Stone's ANH
Sargent Fang
Ghost Host.

Those helmets may have some quality and time put into them but the overall geometric shape of the EFX is way more accurate imo.

I finally got around to modding my EFX PCR and I think it turned out great. This is one instance where the crappy job on the original came out in my favor! It was such a fun and exciting project. All I did was pain over the grey to get the weathered brushed on look.

I always thought the ANH silver was bright and contrasted with the black a lot and felt the gunmetal was really silvery. So I used Metallic silver and then mixed in some gloss black to drop it down a shade or 2(I thought the original silver was to bright). It was latex paint and found out that latex paint does not mix well, it was hard keeping it mixed, but I ended up with different shades pf silver and I think they compliment the brush strokes. I only made one mistake. I accidentally painted over the black left hand whisker so what I did was used a black paint pen to fix it. You can not tell unless inspected up close! I just love how it turned out. It took the plastic toy look out of it!

I did not go totally screen accurate, I just went straight from memory

Here are some picuters enjoy.

IMG_4826.JPGIMG_4818.JPGIMG_4822.JPGIMG_4823.JPGIMG_4827.JPGIMG_4824.JPGIMG_4819.JPGIMG_4820.JPGIMG_4828.JPGIMG_4825.JPGIMG_4816.JPGIMG_4821.JPGIMG_4815.JPGIMG_4829.JPG

I paid $289 for the helmet and $20 in paints and brush. So $309 for such a badass looking ANH helmet! I would recommend this for anyone who does not want to spend money on a fiberglass lid but wants a decent representation of the helmet!

Last edited:
Looks great man. Making me want to do one. I have the ratio and type of paint I used when I did mine many years ago, floating around here somewhere. I also mixed in black with my silver and grey. I used a metallic. Some folks must have liked it because I've seen it recommend a few times by others.

Again, looks awesome. Don't make me spend money though.... [emoji16]

Looks great man. Making me want to do one. I have the ratio and type of paint I used when I did mine many years ago, floating around here somewhere. I also mixed in black with my silver and grey. I used a metallic. Some folks must have liked it because I've seen it recommend a few times by others.

Again, looks awesome. Don't make me spend money though.... [emoji16]

You will do it! *waves hand!*

Lol thanks for the comment.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back