EFX Dark Rey...LONG OVERDUE, I WANT A REFUND!

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There comes a point when a reasonable amount of time has passed with no updates, no responses to emails and I believe a refund is due. EFX has had new projects come and go since they announced the Dark Rey project and took payments from people including myself. I gave them a $500 down payment in good faith over a year ago. Dec 6th 2019 to be exact. I've had no communication, no updates, I've emailed them several times with no response, this has gone beyond reasonable no matter what their terms are. You just can't take people's money and have nothing to show for it especially after a year. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! Period. No if's and's or but's about it. Tomorrow I'm calling my bank and posting a fraudulent complaint against EFX. I feel like an idiot for giving them my money and I'm done.

I ordered mine with Chronicle and just received my money back on the Dark Rey saber and that took 4 months. The Dark Rey preorder moved to sideshow and the updated date on sideshow site is March 21 To May 21. You won’t find that date on the EFX website. I won’t be doing anymore preorders with EFX and felt safe with Chronicle as they delivered on the Mando helmet.... then they folded. I still have one preorder of the Darth Vader pyre with EFX but that is my last preorder with EFX Directly.

The comments on the Scout Legend helmet and pistol are 100% correct and 7 years of waiting is BS.

I might order with Sideshow but I have not decided yet. The prop replica market right now is pretty dismal. I don’t like the non refundable cost Sideshow is asking for HOWEVER a it’s less than what big bad toy store is asking.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy from EFX even if they had the stuff in stock. I would consider from the second hand market if it's something I really wanted. It's just sad that EFX had such an amazing lineup with the legend line and most of it turned to vapourware. Sorry to hear you're scammed mate.

Ben

efx products.jpg

Sometimes you’ve got to put your hand on the stove to learn the lesson.

Very sorry you fell for their usual scam. I sure hope you see the product.. and sooner than seven+ years. But I wouldn’t hold my breath. Sorry buddy.

I would encourage you to contact your credit card company.

While they typically have a limited window in which you can request a charge-back, some can be flexible if you have a solid paper trail showing when you ordered, when the product was supposed to be done, and lack of response from the vendor.

Sean

You should never order DIRECT from EFX or Anovos.Order only from a well known Onlineshop or a local seller in your country.
And pay only when the item is IN STOCK!
When you do it this way in the future you cannot be scammed.

It's funny how companies like efx and Anovos make the customer agree to their Terms of Service when placing an order, but apparently they don't think the Terms of Service should include providing updates for long delayed products or delivering the product in any defined timeframe.

An absolute joke of a company and since they announced this saber, numerous independent venders have made better versions already. I prey your receive your refunds but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back