eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

RS,

I'm 200% I'll pay our brand new sparking 18% IVA, plus Customs Taxes, plus Fed Ex commission on this. I expect to pay a minimum of €300 in taxes/iva :(

Returned my Authorization form too :) Very curious to see what the turnaround time is going to be.

Bryan posted this at Rebelscum:

"Just to clarify, I always request our vendors to send to me a few pieces for me to see in advance of the container arriving. These are actual pieces from the production. I request these because I do not want any "surprises" when the container arrives. (That is just my paranoia! haha!) So, I could either hold these after I inspect them for the rest of the helmets to arrive or I can give a few people the opportunity to get their helmets earlier. I did this same program for the Luke helmet and the Luke Reveals. I have posted this request for volunteers here on Rebelscum because I know they will post pictures of the helmet when they receive it.

The rest of the helmets are already en route to Los Angeles and will be shipping in the next 2-3 weeks (depending on U.S. Customs). I will be sending out the Credit Card Authorization/Lay-away Agreements later tonight. This will give you a couple weeks to complete and return it to us and figure out your financials (if you need to!)

Thanks!

Bryan"

So based on that and FedEx shipping I would expect to see these in 3-4 weeks if all goes well if not sooner.

Any chance we can help you guys out establishing a network of trusted members.

For example couldn't you have EFX send me your helmet for normal price and then I send it to you. All you have to pay is shipping from me to you. If it's like my R.M.Q. packaging it is way over done and much much bigger than it needs to be. I could take it out and put it in different packaging to save you. You would not have the original packaging but you would have your helmet for 1k less. Or just forward it as EFX sends it.

Save you some coin???????????????????

Great idea Tom. The only issue I see is what happens if something happens from the time its shipped from the US to the destination. While I have done this several times for guys in the old MR days, I have heard alot of negative stories about shipments being lost.
I too am happy to help out and ship things as long as the risk is known when it leaves my hands at the USPS site...money saved may be worth the risk.

Now i'm frustrated I can't send it in :)

Why you ask? Because I don't have a scanner...damn signatures :)

Have to do it first thing tomorrow morning at work.

eFX Inc. - ANH DARTH VADER HELMET - LEGEND EDITION

Estimated shipping to Australia $460 :sick

This is going to sting more than I had imagined :confused

Thanks Mate, I didn't see the scroll button. I wish I had seen your post before I sent off an email, Bryan must think I'm an idiot :$ But there was an email from him when I got up this morning, so I have to say thanks to him for getting back to me so quickly, especially after being asked a stupid question.

Yeah, shipping's a killer alright, but at least it's better than the quote I got orginally based on the possible box specs provided EFX a while back... $818.87

http://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-new-hope-darth-vader-helmet-90572/index41.html#post1639994

Cheers,

Kraig

Bryan posted this at Rebelscum:

" I can give a few people the opportunity to get their helmets earlier. I did this same program for the Luke helmet and the Luke Reveals. I have posted this request for volunteers here on Rebelscum because I know they will post pictures of the helmet when they receive it.

AWWWwwwwww..... rebelscum > RPF?

that makes baby prop building ***** cry.

I doubt your "average" collector is going to plunk down the $$ for the Legend bucket.
(but I get what you're saying)

Many of the average collectors as you call the Rebelscum members will get this helmet. But not because it is accurate, but because it is very limited... ;) Many of them (not all though) are interested in the licensed products only, the ones coming with nice COAs, shiny plaques and classy display cases. That is the main difference between many of the RPF and Rebelscum prop collectors.

Jameth1971 and Vader71,

Thank you very much for your offer. I have to doubke check but I'm afraid that yesterday I read somewhere in the eFX form that in the case of international shipping, they will only ship to the billing address.

I will check with Bryan, maybe sending some faxed autorization we can do someyhing...

With these high shipping charges, why not just buy yourself an airplane ticket to the states and offer to pick it up directly from eFX? At least then stay for a bit on holiday and see the sights. LOL!

I passed on the Legend helmet exactly because of these insane shipping costs, where if you add the taxes and customs, plus VAT, you can simply buy another Vader Legend, only out of shipping and taxes costs. That is not right by any scale in this world. I'm a very reasonable person, but when unreasonable things happen, I try to avoid them since my good sense tells me to stop. I posted the shipping costs above and talked about this shipping issue to let other people know collecting is not so easy all over the world.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back