eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

GINO

Sr Member
Hey guys, I received the latest sample from China on Friday and as hoped, it finally made the cut for final approval!

This is a Legend version but both versions are approved as the issues we were having had nothing to do with the differences between the two versions.

The shipping box is quite large, but necessary to ensure a safe journey from the factory to your display shelf.

This sample was approved with the exception of the black weathering on the right tusk which will be corrected in the production pieces. Outside of that it is good to go.

It's been a long road getting here, but now it's full steam ahead!!
You're going to LOVE it!

Here are some pics.

efxlgdsample1.JPG

efxlgdsample2.JPG

efxlgdsample3.JPG

efxlgdsample4.JPG

efxlgdsample5.JPG

efxlgdsample6.JPG

efxlgdsample7.JPG

Great news Gino and eFX! Can't wait to receive mine!!!

Clinton, yeah, they sold out in about 4 minutes on day one! But you could come see mine if you want! ;)

I like it! Question though, on the cheek of the right side if you were wearing it, there looks to be a scratch in the paint? I don't know Vader helmets, but is that scratch intentional?

WOW! Very cool, thanks for sharing Gino :)

And, yes, the scratch is deliberate. That's the infamous "C" scar but let's not go any further into it as there are loads of flame wars in the archives.

efxlgdsample7.JPG

WOW!! That is absolutely stunning! :confused :love This photo just 'says' ANH Darth Vader to me....

This is truly a landmark moment for LICENSED Star Wars prop replicas!
.... I just hope that the workers in China are able to replicate the finish of this Prototype helmet, when painting the actual Production helmets.:unsure
No disrespect to Chinese factory-workers, but I would imagine the majority of the assembly workers will perhaps have worked in a factory environment before, producing items which they finished like 'paint by numbers'.
Certainly, it wouldn't be feasible for the staff assembling and painting these helmets, to spend several hours completing each helmet to the same degree that fan helmets are completed, by fans on costuming sites and forums such as the RPF. :confused

I seem to remember a problem with the finishing and painting of the Master Replicas' Milennium Falcon ss models, a few years back.
.... but then again, the average RPF'er would likely relish the prospect of repainting their new eFX Vader 'Legend Edition' helmet!
I suppose the main draw with this helmet, is the provenance and quality of the casting, after all...

I like it. I too wish I could have ordered one.
Mark

Yeah? You and just about every other person reading this thread, I'll bet!
... but don't worry - I'm sure there will be dozens of them for sale on eBay a couple of days after eFX starts shipping them... with a 'Buy Iy Now' price that looks like an international telephone number! :eek

Let's all just be happy for the lucky few who managed to get on the list? (GGGRRRRR... mutter... grumble.... not fair etc. etc.)

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

Actually, all the pieces I've seen come from the China factories when they send them as final samples are very representative of the production pieces.
So what you are seeing here could actually be one of THE production pieces in essence. :love

Actually, all the pieces I've seen come from the China factories when they send them as final samples are very representative of the production pieces.
So what you are seeing here could actually be one of THE production pieces in essence. :love

Wow. If the quality of the production pieces do actually turn out like that, it'd be fantastic!. IMO the quality of work done in China may sometimes be quite good. Look at the iphones. Many of the parts are made in China, and yet its one of the best selling phones out there!

pretty gutted I didn't get in on this, I was 15 mins too late!.... I'm number 10 on the reserve list but after seeing this I doubt many will drop off...... Lets just hope that some of you have spent far too much in the JY of late....:lol

The quality of work from China and the far east in general tends to be very good, as long as strict quality control is in place and people are shown precisely what to do.

In China, if a worker isn't performing correctly there are a thousand other individuals more than willing to take that job in a heartbeat, or a long list of competing factories ready to take over the order, which tends to be a great motivator to do a job well.

This looks excellent GINO, if the factory keep rolling them out like this there will be lots of happy EFX customers.

While it is VERY drool worthy, especially given its provenance AND finishing job, I am holding out hope for an ESB version. I'd hate to mangle one of the less expensive ones to get that ESB look. So...I will wait.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back